1995 PACE RC200 F5 RetroMod 1x11 Deore XT FINISHED Pg10

Re:

Brilliant from start to finish, I’ve really enjoyed catching up on this. The attention to detail is great and those decals just fantastic

Re: Re:

daveyla":1egqdqj1 said:
Brilliant from start to finish, I’ve really enjoyed catching up on this. The attention to detail is great and those decals just fantastic

Cheers Dave, glad you enjoyed the thread.

The boy loves the bike and his mates are “well jell” apparently :roll:

But he’s of the opinion that it would photograph better without the rear Crud before it goes into a BotM comp..

Peachy!":2ct90d6d said:
daveyla":2ct90d6d said:

But he’s of the opinion that it would photograph better without the rear Crud before it goes into a BotM comp..

To be fair I think he makes a good point. The rear Crudcatcher is functionally brilliant but aesthetically ugly ha ha

Apologies to those who love the look

Looking forward to seeing it in BOTM

daveyla":2pfztwwe said:
Peachy!":2pfztwwe said:
daveyla":2pfztwwe said:

To be fair I think he makes a good point. The rear Crudcatcher is functionally brilliant but aesthetically ugly ha ha

Apologies to those who love the look

Looking forward to seeing it in BOTM

I agree, functionality great.... that’s it.

And one things for sure, it won’t be going up against yours!

Now when we started this project Our Jimmy wasn’t tall enough to ride this 19” frame and have the use of a dropper post, but I knew the day wouldn’t be too far away when he would. So I’d been keeping an eye out for a Brand-X post, I’d heard good things about it and it had a few essentials required for fitting to the frame, namely it comes in a 27.2mm version so I could use a problem solver long shim to make it fit, it has a separate cable that I could make fit (not a sealed one length) and the cable exits in a way that allows me to get over the very individual Pace clamp.
72C129E8-1B13-49C3-80B8-45902DAD49AD.jpeg
The plan was to utilise the gear cable guides/stops on the top tube & with a little fannying about we succeeded.
I had to cut the adjuster noodle with a pipe cutter so as not to clash with the Hope brake reservoir pot, but all done and the boy loves it.
D11FC87D-4D54-47CF-BF13-1AA1CFF05ECC.jpeg BAFF1206-56B5-483D-9A7F-1411178FCCFB.jpeg 777685E2-32FB-4137-B412-6229321BEEEF.jpeg 33A009BC-EE58-4DAF-A365-5E73E18B28E0.jpeg 7FF2D3E9-8C3E-4C3A-8512-3EE8661B60BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Back