1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries FINISHED pg21

Peachy!":3a04k1fu said:
So…. The Claud Butler Titanius….

It’s definitely made of two different metals, one for the head tube, seat cluster, bottom bracket shell and rear triangle, the other for the three main tubes… construction is interesting, as the diamond shapes look like a kind of clip in extra location or security to back-up what I presume is some sort of adhesive bond. As for what these materials are I’m not certain, but they are definitely ‘hard’ metals not aluminium… this is pretty much sell evident from the tight welding which looks very much like a Cro-mo weld, but neither respond to a magnet…(un like Cro-mo steel).

Most common stainless steels are 'austenitic' – these have a higher chromium content and nickel is also added. It is the nickel which modifies the physical structure of the steel and makes it theoretically non-magnetic.

Congratulations on your finished build, man I love your attention to details - all White!

I wish you happy rides, a good summer and take care on the trails outthere with them tiny allen screws...From the man who sold you the LMDS!

If you ever come to Copenhagen, write me and I´ll buy you a beer like I promised.

Cheers, Jon

jongustafson":2kg9lkum said:
Congratulations on your finished build, man I love your attention to details - all White!

I wish you happy rides, a good summer and take care on the trails outthere with them tiny allen screws...From the man who sold you the LMDS!

If you ever come to Copenhagen, write me and I´ll buy you a beer like I promised.

Cheers, Jon

Thanks Jon, I might just take you up on your offer!

Your LMDS has found its forever home.

Chris

Re: Re:

jazzibizznizz":3g4odvhd said:
Fantastic build, beautiful looking bike.
You've said how nicely the LMDS shifts, but how does the frame ride?

Now then Jazz... Cheers lad. The ride is fine although I’ve not really done more than ridden around the block, one of the shocks was constantly leaking so they’ve gone off to DrMarzzochi for a service, and I wasn’t happy with the line up of the granny ring so that’s gone off to Danson67 for tweeking on his lathe..

Peachy!:2gn27x1p said:
jazzibizznizz:2gn27x1p said:
Fantastic build, beautiful looking bike.
You've said how nicely the LMDS shifts, but how does the frame ride?

Now then Jazz... Cheers lad. The ride is fine although I’ve not really done more than ridden around the block, one of the shocks was constantly leaking so they’ve gone off to DrMarzzochi for a service, and I wasn’t happy with the line up of the granny ring so that’s gone off to Danson67 for tweeking on his lathe..

Been a while since I’ve played with the Jam & Jerusalem, I’ve not been sulking from its double defeats…promise.. :roll:

No I’ve been waiting for a few bits to fine tune it. ;)
First job as mentioned above was to get the weeping Mazzies off to the Doctor. Back now and all sorted, full set of seals and full service and they look (& more importantly) work like new…
Now I’m just waiting the safe return of the spider and granny ring from Danson67.
The problem there was that the WI Limbo spider had been made to accommodate a steel Suntour cog which I guess would have been 2 or 3mm thick, not 5mm as per the CNC’d Suntour Microlight Procomp version I was trying to shoehorn in its place.
It would fit the wrong way around but then left a massive gap for the chain to jump across from the middle ring.
No real problem for our super Dan, he just needed to wait for the correct tool to arrive, hence the delay, but a quick spin on the lathe to reduce a shoulder and then mounted on his mill to lengthen the spline slots and we are back in business.

Thanks Dan, you are a God send to us all….. :D IMG_7800.JPG IMG_7801.JPG IMG_7242.jpg IMG_7243.jpg IMG_7024.jpg

Last edited:

beehoover":39z3tt5r said:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/claud-butler-titan-frame-17-5-rare-no-merlin-/1530640563-217-19426?utm_source=sharesheet&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Ok, that's cool, so this one is knocking about in Germany, that makes 5 I think so far?

F4I 00557 Germany
F4I 00632 Croatia (Mine, now back in England)
F4I 00636 Poland
F4I 00??? Hungary
F4I 00??? Holland

Attachments

• F4100537 (14).jpg
    F4100537 (14).jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 396
Granny ring back on and fits perfectly… the front mech gear change now actually works.. :cool: :roll:

legrandefromage:1o3w5d3i said:
...but it still has a better seat QR
Ok, so I bought a Titanium M6 cap head bolt and a neat aluminium nut… certainly neater… :D

foz:1o3w5d3i said:
If they had toe clips and straps on, then the curved bit would be pointing more upwards, making it a lot easier to flip them over and put your feet in. The vertical tab has holes for clips, and between the curved tab and the axle, there are machined slots to thread the strap through
And as Foz suggested, these platforms were a real pain to flip into place until I bolted on these Shimano plastic “clips” ;)

Finally, a photo with a simple background to appease THM…. :roll: IMG_7904.jpg IMG_7917.jpg IMG_7905.jpg IMG_7898.jpg IMG_7916 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back