1995 Claud Butler Titanius Campagnolo gravel job FINISHED

Just need to draw up a new head badge sticker before I send this lot off to @gil_m
And before anyone says “I thought you weren’t buying anything else?” As far as I’m concerned stickers are consumables….
29902D46-A658-4E05-B2CB-D7E04008FE88.jpeg

However, a rigid 90's mountain bike with flat bars and an appropriate choice of tyres for the terrain would be just about perfect...

I used an orange Gringo as my commuter for a few years - rigid forks and WildGrippers (file tread centre) or Conti X-Kings - both being pretty good on tarmac and the 10-15km on a gravel towpath.

Currently pontificating/procrastinating...

I want to flip the drop bars and cut them like the silly horns I always wanted as a teenager, but using the Ergo aero levers/shifters causes problems with the cable runs...
So I thought , lets use proper old school campag drop levers and maybe an indexed bar end lever or a thumbie on the horizontal part of the bars, but I don't have those in my stock bins and they are ridiculously priced on eBay, I could possibly use a friction bar-end I guess?
Easy option would be drop the bars the correct way around and use the Ergo's but then I don't have a high rising stem....

Argh.... I think I'll have to wait till I've got the wheels on and see how the bars feel...

And no, Mr @The History Man I don't want to use Shimano, nearly everything I own is Shimano so where's the fun in that?

Are you having custom coloured decals made up like you did for the Pace?

Are you having custom coloured decals made up like you did for the Pace?
No just straight copy of the originals, as I’m likely to take it back to catalogue one day…

Oooooh I’m sensing a little friction with this one. You can get that with a titanius apparently.

Back