1995 Cannondale F700

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked this up a couple of days ago.
Always thought they were a good looking bike back it the day.....but out of my price range at the time.
Its been updated tastefully over the years by the looks of it with XT V's, rear mech and shifters.
I've chucked some old Porcs on as it was shod with some Schwalbe items made of lead.
And a temporary seatpost and seat as what was fitted was too small for the hole.....ain't it always the way!!!
Its too cosmetically challenged to warrant a full resto so i will give it a spruce up, well it is almost christmas, and use it as my pub/sunday morning coffee run bike.
I would like to source a non drive side crank arm for the Coda/Sugino compact M500 chainset....or maybe fit an M739 chainset in keeping with the other upgrades/modernisation.

Attachments

• PhotoPictureResizer_191210_184359950-1380x1036.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_191210_184359950-1380x1036.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 920
  • DSC_0132-1380x1036.JPG
    DSC_0132-1380x1036.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 920
  • DSC_0133-1036x1380.JPG
    DSC_0133-1036x1380.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 920
Looks better in the sunshine.
Rear M750 brake is a bit of a mystery. With the caliper pins in the middle position there's not enough spring tension on the arms. The top position isn't really an option as then they are over tensioned.
Is it just a question of tweaking the springs to suit or is there some other mystical crap going on here??

Attachments

• F700 1.jpg
    F700 1.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 495
Grannygrinder":21wm32hr said:
Looks better in the sunshine.
Rear M750 brake is a bit of a mystery. With the caliper pins in the middle position there's not enough spring tension on the arms. The top position isn't really an option as then they are over tensioned.
Is it just a question of tweaking the springs to suit or is there some other mystical crap going on here??

I had this issue just put them on the middle hole and when you set in you can add tension by screwing in the little screw on the outside of the V's

Re:

I tried that earlier. Didn't seem to improve things.
Its like something isnt seating properly as the arms lock solid when i tighten the mounting screws up.

Completely stripped the Headshok this morning using some modified 90 degree long nosed pliers....very satisfiying!!
As predicted the elastomer has done a brilliaint job of turning into soil.
MC50 spring/elastomer kit in FIRM on the way.
It looks to be about 12mm longer but i think it can be squeezed in, or the elastomer shortened slightly. Either way im sure it will work fine.
Wish me luck!! lol

Looks like were both doing a similar project.

I did the stripdown and paint strip, along with the Headshock (DD60) today too. My elastometer had turned to gunge too.

Got a new one on order and luckily my damper is fine, all it needed what the oil changing and bleeding.

Made my own castle tool out of a 22mm halfords socket !!....... Not pretty but works a treat. Took me an hour of hacksawing and filing but saved me spending silly money (If you can even find one for sale).

Good luck with yours.

Back