1994 Serotta Ti-Max

Good to hear ! I loved my T Max 😁 Had this recent convo which I thought I would share.
Lucky man, you. I have never even seen a Serotta Ti Max other than pics. It´s not everywhere. Serotta is a road bike company but the list of builders there is nothing but royalty; David Kirk wrote recently about the Ti Max mtb saying they worked then to build the ultimate best hardtail ever.

Underrated? Where? In the US they are revered... more so than Fat Chances or Klein. And not cheap. This frame has every single "hard, very expensive to do in titanium" detail. I hear the ride is outstanding.
I would build it w/ shimano xt m 735 all over except hubs and headset (king, black King hubs and headset). It´s about the frame here. Maybe Cook Bros cranks... only because shimano cranks are boring.
Sounds like my dream bike!

Lucky man, you. I have never even seen a Serotta Ti Max other than pics. It´s not everywhere. Serotta is a road bike company but the list of builders there is nothing but royalty; David Kirk wrote recently about the Ti Max mtb saying they worked then to build the ultimate best hardtail ever.
Dave Kirk is a man whose knowledge and experience I would put above many others. His description of how FC developed the SAB is not quite as generous sounding as that eBay message from the person wanting to sell their FC Ti would have you believe...

But anyways, this is a thread about the Ti-Max so not entirely sure why the FC has been brought into it anyway tbh.

Back