1994 Serotta Ti-Max

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Getting towards build time on this one. Frame is immaculate, just needs grease cleaning off and a good shampoo. Like me really, so fitting I guess. Possibly some replacement decals in parts, but will see how much they bug me once it's built before removing.

It's been a loooong time coming this one - didn't think I'd ever find one of these frames, especially in the UK where they're pretty scarce...

The frame is so classy and subtle, that the build will be simple no nonsense to complement - I have bright bikes with lots of fancy bits, so this will be pretty low key.

Syncros stem and post in black, Syncros titanium bars and bottom bracket, Syncros Revolution cranks in black with black Specialités TA rings, black Syncros ProHorns, ControlTech brakes in silver, M900 F&R mechs, Judy FSX forks. Headset TBC, tyres TBC, levers and shifters TBC. I planned to use a black Dia-Compe ThreadHead headset [my favourite] but the forks are treadless, so need to think about a suitable substitute.
🙁

Wheels will be a set of really nice Hope titanium hubs in silver with Mavic 217 rims, pedals will be Onza HO with ti. spindles. QRs will probs be a pair of titanium Salsa in black, but not 100% on that yet - might use some American Classic instead. Seatpost clamp will be the existing Serotta titanium one with the special 'knob' for guiding rear brake cable / sheath.

So, anyway, after 15 or so years on here, I think this is my first ever build thread! Don't be expecting rapid progress though if you can be bothered to tune in to watch. Something always gets in the way of me building / completing bikes, so this'll probably still be a box of bits in 2035.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

Fifteen years without a build thread, slack-arse.

Frame is stunning...♥️

al.x

Well, I guess there's 'low key' and then there's 'inappropriate'...!

I was meaning 'low key' as in subtle no nonsense Syncros stuff instead of lots of bright coloured Ringlé / Grafton / MachineTech etc, parts.

Yep. Low key like a Brabus 900!

Pitched just right for such a rarity. Some frames have no need for 3DV.

Looking forward to the build.

Ooh Ti Max..and a thread that could last a decade….sounds like my kind of thing..i’ll pull up a chair.

Serotta’s are so underrated but nice so nice. This should be stiff where it needs to be yet comfortable to ride all day and handle like a dream. Looking forward to this build and ride review.

Serotta’s are so underrated but nice so nice. This should be stiff where it needs to be yet comfortable to ride all day and handle like a dream. Looking forward to this build and ride review.
Underrated? Where? In the US they are revered... more so than Fat Chances or Klein. And not cheap. This frame has every single "hard, very expensive to do in titanium" detail. I hear the ride is outstanding.
I would build it w/ shimano xt m 735 all over except hubs and headset (king, black King hubs and headset). It´s about the frame here. Maybe Cook Bros cranks... only because shimano cranks are boring.

Underrated? Where? In the US they are revered... more so than Fat Chances or Klein. And not cheap. This frame has every single "hard, very expensive to do in titanium" detail. I hear the ride is outstanding.
I would build it w/ shimano xt m 735 all over except hubs and headset (king, black King hubs and headset). It´s about the frame here. Maybe Cook Bros cranks... only because shimano cranks are boring.
Good to hear ! I loved my T Max 😁 Had this recent convo which I thought I would share.

Attachments

• D01161DC-9C80-4D84-863E-845C75A52374.jpeg
    D01161DC-9C80-4D84-863E-845C75A52374.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back