Re: My Ranjeet Grewel inspired Yeti ARC

That can't be so bad, have you tried riding it like that? I mean, skipping it to a gallop like that :)

:LOL: now way mate how they manage to do that , still go for it, try the different riding style it could be the future :LOL: purple is best :cool:

I'm assuming front derailleur location is temporary?

rumpfy":2ik64iu1 said:
I'm assuming front derailleur location is temporary?

very much so,

it was put on long before the cranks and was an educated guess, the silver Graftons have a smaller
BCD so the rings are obviously a lot smaller than the 46t I intended to run on the the 3dv Graftons
so the last picture makes the FD position look alot worse. It's position will be adjusted once the chain
goes on and the cables are cut down.

The realisation that my intended cranks were duff left the position of the mech on the back burner for the time being.

The cable routing for the FD was of greater concern as I've seen it routed in two different ways and decided to go with a catalogue diagram
that ameybroke posted on mfh126 Ultimate Ultimate build thread showing it in the middle slot and going south between the
rear stays on an early 90's ARC so I've adopted this.

One surprise was the fact that every single cable stop was set up to hold a 6mm ferrules so I never needed any step downs in
order to run 6mm SLR cable with 2mm inner that gives the braking dept a real industrial feel.

Attachments

• cable routing.jpg
    cable routing.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 636
  • Yeti cable routing.jpg
    Yeti cable routing.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 636

yo-Nate-y":99uhv1yu said:
That can't be so bad, have you tried riding it like that? I mean, skipping it to a gallop like that :)

It sure would make for an interesting ride, although I can't ever see it ever catching on :LOL:

racer x":99uhv1yu said:
:LOL: now way mate how they manage to do that , still go for it, try the different riding style it could be the future :LOL: purple is best :cool:

I'm certainly having my Purple fix here, however I've held back from going too far hense the SRP rear mech bolt is still in the parts bin
The final part for the brakes turned up in the post today courtsey of Manitou916 so will be swapping out the silver "Paul Moon Units" later and then thats its for the Purple... honest ;)

Attachments

• Grafton .jpg
    Grafton .jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,030

Seat is really cool,too new, I would totally use it anyway. I should never have sold mine

spwal":1d50kpke said:
Seat is really cool,too new, I would totally use it anyway. I should never have sold mine

Thanks for the comments / interest guys, the seat is marked as being made in 96 so you're right it does push the boundries a little on a 92/93 built frame :oops:

T.B.H my build has ended up in a place that I never envisaged when I set out, primarily for two reasons.

[a] It has to be a rider, and whilst I can never be accused of rushing things I don’t want to miss another summer looking at it, whilst I sit indoors endlessly scouring the web, although I will continue to re-fine my build.

Me Having bolted on some earlier period parts I discovered I actually don’t feel much love for a lot of pre 93 kit and my heart lies in a small window between 93 and 96, to me that era means Ringle stem, Xrays and latterly Judy MK1’s, and Sunset rims amoungst other things.
I accept that by 96 3DV was rapidly going out of fashion but hey I’m blurring the lines a little.

I’m planning to rid it at Mayhem this year on it, hence one of the reasons why its sitting on expendable Pulstar hubs, I really don’t want to trash or risk my Ringle ones as its taken an eternity to find a 32h pair to lace to my Sunsets, and even then Nick Jones (Elite 504) had to rebuild the freehub.
The 36h are destined for a some Mavic 231CD should I have a change of heart and go back to M2 and Answer Stem ...and None of these will be Snowflaked (promise)

I’ve a plan for the Grafton crank problem in so much as I’ve a second hand unit that’s off to be re-Anno’d so I can have a matching pair that actually work, in the mean time the Silver ones are my only option.

I’ll post a few pictures up later once I’ve got my “bling” wheels back from being trued up at my L.B.S,

Attachments

• Ringle .JPG
    Ringle .JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 926
Back