letmetalktomark":k2mk93j6 said:
Remember to do the pinch bolts up on the fork crown this time ;-)

Retro Spud":k2mk93j6 said:
Last such outing was the Forest of Dean round of the national series which to be honest I didn’t enjoy owing to top jockey wheel bolt coming out and the bearing in the jockey wheel parting company with every other related component …..
:D

That outing ^^^^can only be classes a totally bad hair day, to be honest it was a "Cluster Fcuk of Fcuk ups" TBH I'd forgotten about the forks :shock: :facepalm:

Looking back the most memorable part of that debarkle was getting to the bottom of a long and rather Squirrelly decent, coming to a halt to be to greeted by a lot of dis believing looks and finger pointing.... how that Crown never hit the tyre I'll never know, what I do know is I wouldn't have made it to the bottom in on piece had I'd been more aggressive and gunned it :oops:

Being optimistic I sure dodged a bullet that day :LOL:

Edit
This is how it looks and I'm dam sure its going to stay in this configuration
(the marks on the crown isn't dust etc its a reflection of the trees in the garden.... the finish Chris achieved really is that good)

Attachments

• The Crown.jpg
    The Crown.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 1,235
Re: Re:

renaldo":21kxmssm said:
Great story and great build :cool: Need more pics please :)

When its a little more complete I'll post a few more in the mean time its coming together nicely,
The rear wheel will get collected from Russell Cycles in Walsall great bike shop where they don't look down their noses when you bring in Antique bike parts...nor do they do the hard sell on yah with some modern tat....

these arrived this week

New T.I axles :cool: for the Onza's c/o RacerX to replace the Stainless Steel ones

and a Quality freewheel, box fresh from 1993 :LOL: The Sunrace I originally bought is by comparison very poor, but was never the less good value for money (get what you pay for I guess)

Attachments

• Sach Freewheel.jpg
    Sach Freewheel.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 1,235
  • TI Onza HO axles.jpg
    TI Onza HO axles.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,235
Re:

Okay I need to fess up after all the problems (learning curve) with the back hub, life got a whole lot more frustrating......

The correctly spaced rear (135mm) turned out to be a 7 speed and I'm on M900's :(

queue a lot of soul searching and lot more ebay searching and fast forward a bunch of months and these arrived,

Matching front and rear Hubs, correctly spaced and suitable for that 8 speed Sachs freewheel, :D
laced to NOS XTR Blue/Grey Mavic 220 rims and Pewter Nipples

Gil has some decals on route to me,

Re: Re:

Such a bummer that Rampage doesn't have the time these days to anodize any more -those look sweet!

Retro Spud":1fzfyieb said:
cheers guys

but like I said this is/was my starting point,

heres a sneek preview of some of the parts I got back from Chris (aka Rampage) @ Intincycles

The guys a 100% genius for bringing old worn out metal back to life :shock:

I've a few more parts also being done in Pewter, but they won't be here until next week :D
in the mean time enjoy the work of Chris the Maestro ... and before you ask YES the middleburn is in the Anno (No stickers here)

Re:

It is a shame, I think he put so much work into prep'ing our old scrap to achieve the outstanding results he did that it just wasn't viable,
Couple that with having a family and all the challenges kids bring and never enough hours in the day and its hardly surprising something had to give.

Just like a fine painting what he has done will be around for ages for everyone to appreciate
Just need to take good care of my anno.

Back