My retro story in pictures: Raleigh, Orange, Pace, JT

Paul Eggleton":3ca2d7ui said:
Pickle":3ca2d7ui said:
Scott AT4 arent they?

That rings a bell, certainly very similar to those....

More then likely the Profile bars. I had them. An interesting feature they had was that if you go over a bump on them, at any sort of speed, then it automatic put you into a lower down aerodynamic tuck. Some sort of technical wizardry enabling it to sense your speed and allow the Bar end wedges (expander bolt) to slip inside the handlebar. ;)
In fact I still have one of said wedges.

FluffyChicken":2yzyn90j said:
Paul Eggleton":2yzyn90j said:
Pickle":2yzyn90j said:
Scott AT4 arent they?

That rings a bell, certainly very similar to those....

More then likely the Profile bars. I had them. An interesting feature they had was that if you go over a bump on them, at any sort of speed, then it automatic put you into a lower down aerodynamic tuck. Some sort of technical wizardry enabling it to sense your speed and allow the Bar end wedges (expander bolt) to slip inside the handlebar. ;)
In fact I still have one of said wedges.

Definately remember them as Profile now you've reminded me.

Adam - blast from the past! I'm still ordering car stuff from Mike Rainbird. Cars and bikes are very expensive....

XC Durango was the name of the Profile bars. (had to search that bit as I had forgotten but I know where I was looking for the info)
IMG_6861.JPG

and
Three old medals I say :LOL:
ProfileXCDurangoBar.jpg

can't quite match the colour pics, but I once had some locomotion gloves and my crappy helmet one of the old style ones signed by...

Tim gould at cyclex.

I still use the gloves and love em, sigs are long gone though :cool:

I think I was there that year. Tomac was 3rd? I still use my XC bars and even have a NOS set for when the originals finally die.

The only time my wheels leave the ground is when I lift them up to put back in the car!

Iwasgoodonce":7j46t9gk said:
I think I was there that year. Tomac was 3rd? I still use my XC bars and even have a NOS set for when the originals finally die.

The only time my wheels leave the ground is when I lift them up to put back in the car!

Yes he was third, after a puncture as well. Rumour had it he was taking his hands off mid air too. But he was riding too hard and fast to arse about like that IMO.

Bumping this as I've just put a deposit down on a very well known bike from a very nice chap who I think you know quite well on here. Chuffed to bits and can't wait until next Friday when I pick her up :D :D

Back