1993 MARIN Team Issue Restoration Build Project - XTR M900

First digit is the model......which changes with lineup. Second digit is the year of frame production. But its quite likely your 93s were turned out of the factory in 92.

The M and F are the factory. M is Marvel and F is Fairly

It did not only change with lineup. It also differs within the year 1993 for example as explained above. There are plenty M2xxxxx and F2xxxxx "Team Issues" out there.

I guess at some point in the year Marin may have had a supply issue with rims, as mine is fitted with Ritchey Vantage Pro items 🤷‍♂️
I'm only the second owner, it's low mileage, and the previous owner didn't do anything to result in both rims being changed - still has the original coloured nipples 🤭
Frame number M13CAC016

Latest update!

I finally started putting all the high res. pictures back into my thread again! That is quite the work to do! They were about 60 pics so far! This will take several more days. I only did about 20 of 60 so far.

Meanwhile I started making my own decal sets, too. At least the vinyl cuts! These are 100% 1993 correct now, as I was always slightly unhappy with the ones you could buy here and there. One renown UK seller was not 100% accurate, the other popular UK seller was being rude and a real douche in the contact and so on and so on! I better do them all myself! FFS ... to be continued!

1993 Marin Team Issue Shimano Deore XTR M900 MTB bike restoration project image picture examp...jpeg

1993 Marin Team Issue Shimano Deore XTR M900 MTB bike restoration project image picture examp...jpeg

Last edited:
Ooooooo!

Nice.

Is there any difference between 92 and 93 decals?

If there's not and getting a couple of sets made drives down the price a little for you, let me know as I'll gladly add an order onto yours!

Youre welcome and I gladly make you one too then. We can discuss things via PM. I can do them at the end of July since I am not home until then.

The downtube decal is not different. The decal on the top tube is smaller in 1992, though.

Hi fguki and friends, this is my first post in here. I Come from Cologne in Germany and usually are a member of mtb-news Forum but sometimes I do reading the retrobike.uk threads . So, I'm glad to be in here right now ;-)

I do riding a Kuwahara Lynxs (91), Stumpjumper(85), Scott Boulder (89) and now there is a chance, that I really dreamed by, a nice Marin Team Issue from the class of 92. Fork, Stem, Handlebar and Frame are in great condition how it looks like. Its not mine yet but I really have the chance to pick it up near by Munic.

Unfortunatly the neon yellow decals at the Frame and Fork are very pale. So I start searching for new ones, came across this thread and I read it very interested. I like how you love the details and how you worked so hard to get this frame into the currently status. I think the Idea with these Zoom seat post and maybe Zoom stem could really look brilliant by the way.

And when I looked at your work with the decals. I decidet to write you. I'm also interested in that. Would be great, when its possible to help me getting it for the Bike- when I should get the Bike? Can you make me one too? I'm not sure if the afterburner decal is on the 92er but I would be happy for everything that ist possible- and you would do me a big favor.

So, weekend is starting. Time for hobby ;-)
Best
Luk

Hi Luk! Glad to hear from you. Im located in Germany too. I do not produce 1992 Team Issue sets (yet), only 1993 as a starter.

Hi fguki and friends, this is my first post in here. I Come from Cologne in Germany and usually are a member of mtb-news Forum but sometimes I do reading the retrobike.uk threads . So, I'm glad to be in here right now ;-)

I do riding a Kuwahara Lynxs (91), Stumpjumper(85), Scott Boulder (89) and now there is a chance, that I really dreamed by, a nice Marin Team Issue from the class of 92. Fork, Stem, Handlebar and Frame are in great condition how it looks like. Its not mine yet but I really have the chance to pick it up near by Munic.

Unfortunatly the neon yellow decals at the Frame and Fork are very pale. So I start searching for new ones, came across this thread and I read it very interested. I like how you love the details and how you worked so hard to get this frame into the currently status. I think the Idea with these Zoom seat post and maybe Zoom stem could really look brilliant by the way.

And when I looked at your work with the decals. I decidet to write you. I'm also interested in that. Would be great, when its possible to help me getting it for the Bike- when I should get the Bike? Can you make me one too? I'm not sure if the afterburner decal is on the 92er but I would be happy for everything that ist possible- and you would do me a big favor.

So, weekend is starting. Time for hobby ;-)
Best
Luk

Hi Luk (@MadBiker80)

There's a chap on here that can produce decals also. He has the Team 92 on file. His name is Gil, and he can be reached here:

sales@retrodecals.co.uk

Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing that.

Although I'm also hoping @fguki ends up being tempted to add a couple of 92 sets to his first order now he has two potential customers ; )

I'm also building a 92 and it came with the same faded-to-white, once-yellow decals.

My thing is: I like the white! And plan to reproduce the new set in the same colour (non colour?) as I like how it looks on the frame, and hopefully with the other components I have in mind. Plus it will be a subtle little nod back to the original condition I received the bike in. Hopefully!

Thread here, if you're interested:

Should have probably titled and tagged it with the bike in question really... Oh well.

@fguki Sorry for the thread hijack! Really glad all those photos are back!!

Back