1993 MARIN Team Issue Restoration Build Project - XTR M900

Seat tube decal day today! Ordered the TANGE Ultimate decal at "Velocals" TX, U.S.A. Fantastic quality and really nice people there! ... next up: Manitou 2 Fork revision.

Cheers!

1993 Marin Team Issue Shimano Deore XTR M900 MTB bike restoration project image picture examp...jpeg

1993 Marin Team Issue Shimano Deore XTR M900 MTB bike restoration project image picture examp...jpeg

Last edited:
I get excited every time this thread returns to near the top of the page...

You haven't put a foot wrong so far, so there's a lot of anticipation/pressure on the rest of the build and your forthcoming updates!

Yesterday was Manitou day ... I took out some of the project forks that I have (have a big box of them in my storage) and chose the SECOND best Manitou 2 I could find. Still saving up My Number 1 for future builds. I have a 1993 Manitou FS to be build up soon, too etc. The purple here is quite okay and will work well on my Team Issue project.

So ...grab a coffee or 2 and lets use some elbow grease! Complete Manitou 2 rebuild with new steel springs and some polish work. Not too much fun, but it turned out great and I am very pleased. To be honest, I simply polished and polished while I was talking on the phone with a friend from Denmark for almost 3 hours :-D That worked!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
More pictures .-)

Picture No: 4 here: I actually do have several *** NOS *** SHIMANO XTR M900 parts but decided not to use them here and keep them in my drawer. I will buy another (used) 1 1/8" XTR M900 headset for this project and keep this sealed.

Last edited:
Finally found the time to check out the stem. I am still looking for a little shorter one without a jockey wheel. So, if you guys have some for sale, let me know!

(Pictures: The jockey wheel is still in an oil / rust remover bath)

I polished this old (original) one a little to check out if it still works with this bike (condition wise). Well, its okay! I can live with that. For the moment, I bought a nickel plated Alpinestars that will make a great match for this bike too! Its nickel plated too, has a little less rise and no jockey wheel. Will show you as soon as it arrives.

Last edited:
I've returned to this thread to try and tempt myself into a Team purchase, but it appears all the photos have disappeared!

Or maybe that's just for me?

What to make of this cosmic sign...

Last edited:
Back