1993 Klein Rascal rescue

Great pic's Tim and the little Rascal is looking real lush know mate so are you taking it off road when you get the chance then as it's crying out to be ridden as it should be ;) ..

It was sold sone years ago to fund more project, did ride nicely though.

It’s been up for sale on eBay for some time, no idea if it’s the guy I sold to but it’s not bee. Looked after as well, wheels and pedals changed 😔

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It was sold sone years ago to fund more project, did ride nicely though.

It’s been up for sale on eBay for some time, no idea if it’s the guy I sold to but it’s not bee. Looked after as well, wheels and pedals changed 😔

How do I PM on here?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I don't have that option, maybe i've not made enough posts yet! Had a few Q's about the Klien as I've been 'sleeping on' decision weather to buy it or not!
I’ve messaged you but yes, you need to make a certain number of post before you can PM.

What are your questions? I may be able to answer some but as I don’t have the physical bike, only basic questions now.

I’d say the price the guy had it up for is too much in the current climate.

Hi guys,

I got into collecting and building retro bikes a couple years back of course owning a Klein has always been a distant goal until last week. I am now the proud owner of a Rascal.
It has a 9 speed cassette which struck me as incorrect for 1993 although I know Klein were way ahead of their time and my knowledge of these bikes is limited so I did some research and ended up on this thread.
After reading the most recent posts and then looking closer at the photos I had the Eureka moment that I now owned this bike!!! Thats crazy lol anyway its so awesome to learn a part of the history behind the bike I wouldn't have guessed it had been broken down and rebuilt back to original spec, what a superb job!

Unfortunatley it had a bit of a rough life since you sold it. Wheels, tires and pedals swapped out, rear brake lever decal scratched off, seat post appears to have been sanded/grinded at the bottom so bare metal showing but the frame paint has held up well I'm assuming its original.

I'll get some photos up shortly, already given it a good clean must have been sitting for a few years covered in dust and grime that was really on there. You can see from the photos in the auction listing. Think it was quickly pressure washed before selling which didn't seem to clean it much.

Started with cleaning the wheels appears somebody decided to paint their 'Tanwalls' on which is.... interesting. IMG_4498.jpg IMG_4497.jpg IMG_4503.jpg IMG_4502.jpg
I'll keep these wheels for now as they are decent and are laced to some lovely XTR M900 hubs.

Back