1993 Brodie Catalyst

nice. you should contact retrobiker BC on here. he picked up the perfect stem
for your ride at our swap meet this past sunday. might be a change he'd part with it.
Would you be able to contact him in any other way other than this site? He has not been active on here for a good while and does not seem to be checking his PMs.

Bike's looking great! Could you confirm again the stem type you are looking for?

Do you shift in friction mode, how can the DA rear derailleur handle an MTB cassette? Is DA 7400 8 speed compatible with M900 f.e.?

Do you shift in friction mode, how can the DA rear derailleur handle an MTB cassette? Is DA 7400 8 speed compatible with M900 f.e.?
I do not think it is.

The Suntour shifter is indexed and works remarkably well with this version of Dura Ace RD. As far as I know it's the version that came with the first ever STI levers, which is incompatible with almost everything else, apart from the Suntour stuff. It's not perfect but it's close enough for 7speeds.

The cassette is fairly small, so the overall capacity of the RD (26t) is pretty well matched at 28t (46-34 + 28-12).

I made a video of this combo in action a few years ago: https://www.pinkbike.com/video/482328/
Notice the fat washer under the derailleur cable. Works better without.

Is it ok if I dump pictures of my rides with the Brodie in here?

p6pb21186141.jpg

p6pb21506569.jpg

p6pb21506571.jpg

Met up with the girlfriend today, her bike is a Production Privee Oka.
p6pb21506572.jpg

p6pb21506573.jpg

Back