1990 Jack Taylor Tourist Tandem #8638 FINISHED pg7

Wow, that’s a big one… do you have a frame number? @Jamiedyer has a list.
And are you going to start a build thread?

Yuk… this stinks but it needs doing…
295F5105-FEEE-46EC-94EF-6E65AA8B6F8C.jpeg

Finally got around to dropping it off back with Steve at Arthur Caygill Cycles in Richmond. The bill having now been shaved back to a more palatable level due mainly to having removed the front seat post without damaging the tube and also removing all the superfluous braze-ons myself (pump pegs, bottom guides and cruiser brake tabs)
Now I just need to carefully strip all the kit off the Majestic Two, sell that frame and some trinkets and find something else to build over the next two months! 😁

Last edited:
Finally got around to dropping it off back with Steve at Arthur Caygill Cycles in Richmond. The bill having now been shaved back to a more palatable level due mainly to having removed the front seat post without damaging the tube and also removing all the superfluous braze-ons myself (pump pegs, bottom guides and cruiser brake tabs)
Now I just need to carefully strip all the kit off the Majestic Two, sell that frame and some trinkets and find something else to build over the next two months! 😁
I know where there’s a………..

Door.

Just seen a Facebook update from Arthur Caygill, the JT has finally made it to the front of the queue. 😁
696CCC99-2CF8-437A-995A-1E54451352E6.jpeg F3100776-2919-45E9-A495-8A7FCE8F893B.jpeg 09643AC9-3E94-4FD7-B8C7-2D669682BE30.jpeg

Hi, sorry if you've already told us and I missed it but what's happening to the crack above the bb? I have an almost identical looking crack in a PARIS frame...

Hi, sorry if you've already told us and I missed it but what's happening to the crack above the bb? I have an almost identical looking crack in a PARIS frame...
It's all in the thread above (somewhere) but to re-cap;
All the redundant fixings have been removed (pump pegs, drag/drum brake cable hangers etc)
Driven in and stuck front seat post has been dissolved using caustic soda
Rear seat cracked seat tube to be completely replaced
Damaged drive side/chain stay to be completely replaced
Brace & mount for disc drag brake to be fitted
696CCC99-2CF8-437A-995A-1E54451352E6.jpeg

Back