Interest check: 1950s Jack Taylor tandem

knowthejo

Senior Retro Guru
Ok, so bit of an interest check on this from everyone.

I have a 1952 short-wheelbase tandem project built by the Taylor brothers.

It’s a rare frame - beautiful curved seat-tube. All 531 tourist model tubing. Original paint job, lots of chips , but no dents, dings,cracks etc.

Pilot is 22.5” ctc toptube and 22” ctc seat-tube. The stoker is 21.5” square. Lots of adjustability.

This is a project - but all the bits are there to finish the build and can itemise and photograph if interest.

Highlights are:

Wheelset - unridden since professionally built. NOS Mavic module 4 27” rims, stainless Dt Swiss spokes , tide and soldered. Front NOS Phil wood hub. Rear hub original maxicar with drag brake.

Nitto moustache bars, with NOS jack Taylor tandem sea tube stem, rare GB front stem with cantilever cable guide. Rare twin pull GB levers for drag brake. Also rare early Campagnolo bar end shifters with rubber hoods.

Stronglight 49d crankset in great condition. All bottom brackets have been serviced. Beautiful simplex rear mech.

Mafac cantis - polished and new Swisstop pads.

Like I said, I have a box with all the bits to finish the build - including pedals, original hammered aluminium mudguards and brooks saddle for stoker etc.

Basically needs cabling up and adjusting and you are set.

Been a 10 year slow project and moving means I might have to lose it.

Would let it go for £750 - and if interest will take detailed pictures of everything.

Collection only from SE London.

Attachments

• B45E558E-D9FB-47EA-9944-8700778B99F9.jpeg
    B45E558E-D9FB-47EA-9944-8700778B99F9.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 1,021
Really lovely and such a shame it's too big for me and my little man :)
Probably for the best, but still, it is a real beauty.
Best of luck with the sale.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back