Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
See the purple one? Well it’s my wife now.

4D9D4AC1-608C-4AB9-A317-7D69B5618491.jpeg

So what up?
Well a few things;

1. It’s as rough as a badgers arse.
2. It’s purple.
3. 1&2 are easily Peachyfied but will the OB massive get upset if I change the colour?
4. Are the straight forks original kit? As I can only find something similar on a Pioneer E-stay, also this one doesn’t have the trademark fork crown/shoulders or a frame number stamp, or mudguard eyes.
5. I had bought this with the idea in mind of cleaning it up & moving it on, not for profit just enough to wipe my face, but now I’ve been playing with THM’s new love https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/incoming-overbury’s-again.425893/
I’m starting to have second thoughts. So are they any good? Is it worth sticking the best 90’s odd and sods I’ve got on it? Or would it make more sense to use a tidy 1989 Exage Country group on it?
Answers on a post card please.

Last edited:
First build it rigid and be amazed. That’s how they were meant to be. Then try a set of pace once you know how it should be.

So maybe the forks are original? THM pointed me towards these;
I wonder if they ever sold anywhere near the $349 "adjusted" asking price? 7.JPG

Mine are almost exactly the same but with Campagnolo dropouts and weigh a little less even with a 220mm steering tube! (the above has a 140mm)
E6B3504D-05F3-4A7B-A8FC-FFD0819E1648.jpeg 97F01B86-4F24-4E66-9978-6428256FB802.jpeg

When I got my overburys it was a blank canvas and as you'll see from pics online anything goes colourwise, but a two tone fade seems the preferred choice ..... so I just picked two nice colours out and said fade job please sir, decals were picked up easily online to match the colour scheme as were tubing decals. choice of groupsets originally I think were exage mountain, Deore and XT ...... but groupset is up to you as they sold framesets on their own to anyone who fancied something different.

So I guess ......... its up to you really

Me, I'd go with something LX upwards and a fresh coat of bright fade :cool:

Back