1989 Fisher Mt Tam TET

That's good to know, although I bet the Brexit tax/import duty/addanothertenner tax would make this far too expensive for poor old Yorkshire me.

I do have a lead on one in the UK, just gotta wait and see, if it doesn't come off I'll be putting a wanted ad up to see what's sat in your sheds.

👍

That's good to know, although I bet the Brexit tax/import duty/addanothertenner tax would make this far too expensive for poor old Yorkshire me.

I do have a lead on one in the UK, just gotta wait and see, if it doesn't come off I'll be putting a wanted ad up to see what's sat in your sheds.

👍

If you order in the next couple of days they are doing a UK delivery (therby avoiding those problems):

I decided I'm gonna experiment a bit, I ordered new bearings and circlips plus some collars from a UK bearing company, I have an axel here that may.... Or may not work, and maybe a backup somewhere out there.

After a few days were back on it, The paint has come out really good for me and a rattle can jobbie, the only difference is the frame has slightly more metallic in it in the sunlight, other than that I'm really chuffed.

2022-05-0513.35.255354725122884844869.jpg

IMG_20220505_131430.jpg

Are you sure that you need collars. Have a look at the link I posted in this thread regarding Fisher bb's. Pretty sure my 89 CR7 doesn't have any collars just bearings and circlips. Of course if your using a different axle then that's another story.

In fact I may have a Fisher axle somewhere that I pulled out a 1990 HKII. Suspect is 122mm as was running a DX chainset.

oooooooh, that could be handy

I think there are different types, I've heard some have tapered centres and some are straight so have collars to stop them sliding side to side (like on Klein/fat)

FisherCR7-CrankSpindle-Circlip-12.jpg

Are you sure that you need collars. Have a look at the link I posted in this thread regarding Fisher bb's. Pretty sure my 89 CR7 doesn't have any collars just bearings and circlips. Of course if your using a different axle then that's another story.

Same with my 1992 Prometheus, the bearings were just held in place with the circlips.

Strange, on the overseas sites they all seem to have the collars 🤔

decals time

I really like the blue yellow style, they really pop against the dark blue paint

IMG_20220505_131132.jpg

IMG_20220505_131556.jpg

IMG_20220505_131545.jpg

After using other people's images of the Mt tam to gauge where to put the down tube decal I figured I'd rather go lower/mid as opposed to some where the the Fisher decal is almost touching the the cable stops.... A bit more like the later models.

Gonna be nice, that.

Cheers, it was covered in storage marks managed to get some scratches out with polishing but I'm going with 'patina' now as the deep scratches just reappear after I think I've got them out, it's certainly looking nice in the sun though, really happy with how it's turning out.

Bit of an update on how I came to decide it was an 89.

The Mt.tam was only made before 85 and 89 only with cantilever bosses, it can't be pre 85 as the seat cluster area changed considerably over the years to the one on this which was introduced in 88, custom orders were supposedly available for cantilevers as opposed to U/roller but this with the cantilever mounts and a TET stamp points to it being only an 89.Also in 89 they offered the classic and an evolution, I believe this was based on the evo being a larger headtube and possibly larger diameter tubing, this one is a classic 1" headtube

This image shows the TET timeline on the fishers seat cluster area.

competition_timeline_59b52212fd6867d1291ed73419bab3b01a2db7c9.jpg

Back