1987 Marlboro Claud Butler Majestic 2 tandem FINISHED pg13

Noticed something intriguing when I cleaned up the headset, namely that although it’s a Tange it has Falcon branding, a “NOVEL 250” certainly helps back up my theory that it didn’t actually get built up until the Claud brand was owned by Falcon. 9B3A8D7D-47B5-4ACD-87D3-4AB8E3535E32.jpeg 310261A8-CCCE-4213-B701-FF5AC5D195FE.jpeg

Looks like I’m sticking with 35mm tyres... these are very narrow forks! 4E937F17-7959-4214-8381-F88FE7B4A7D0.jpeg

I like the colour! would work well with either subtle highlights and cables (black, grey, etc), or a contrast like red or yellow

Looking good mate.
My Scot has very narrow forks as well.
Those Tange headsets are very good quality and last a very long time with just a small amount of maintenance. I have two branded Mercian.

Jamie

Maybe Surly or similar make a 1" fork with wider clearance and canti bosses? I doubt you could find a 29er fork with 1" steerer, but there might be something compatible, if clearance and the boss separation are a problem

Maybe Surly or similar make a 1" fork with wider clearance and canti bosses? I doubt you could find a 29er fork with 1" steerer, but there might be something compatible, if clearance and the boss separation are a problem
I am on the look out for a 1” 700c suspension fork if such a beast exists? Might be a case of finding a 1-1/8th that can easily have the steerer removed and get Dansun67 to swap it out.

I like the colour! would work well with either subtle highlights and cables (black, grey, etc), or a contrast like red or yellow
Yeah I’m getting there...

Had a little hunt around for matching saddles, this originally would have been fitted with Specialized Lamda flag saddles in ‘87-‘90 & I do have a pair but they are destined for higher things... a dirty but sound pair of Selle Royal pullmans should do the job, nice soft touring saddles but not too wide. Just need a little Peachy TLC.
I’ve whipped off the iron mongery and that’s in evaporust for the night, the saddles themselves have been scrubbed and are now drying out on the Aga.. AD81ED79-C9A2-483C-8628-21133EFDC0CD.jpeg E58989EE-DEB0-4EFF-B07B-B0C623A15373.jpeg F1FBB0D5-DEC5-4EA3-ABEA-F6BD725A9F61.jpeg

If you are serious about touring on it, find a comfortable modern saddle. Period fine for photos.

If you are serious about touring on it, find a comfortable modern saddle. Period fine for photos.
Serious about touring? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: It's gonna mainly get used to ride to the pub in the next village!

Quick progress photo... I'm starting to like the pearl grey IMG_1304.jpg

Back