1986 Claud Butler Canyon (The Blue one by Marlboro)

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Just starting this thread as a reminder to myself.... :roll:

This one might end up being a slow burn, even though on the face of it nothing much needs doing...

So, this is a 1986 Canyon one of the frames made by Holdsworth but re-branded and sold by the temporary owners of the Claud Butler monica "Marlboro" (Nov '85 - March '87 or there abouts) based in the Midlands, they advertised these in 1986 whilst they started manufacturing the all new "Cape Wrath" which started production late 1986...

This one is going to be an absolute catalouge correct job as I believe these are even rarer than the first generation green version.

Job list;
Brake levers
Grips
Seat post
Saddle
Rear mech
Chain
Peddals
Non of which are currently original.

The biggest job will be the renovation/restoration of the paint job which in general is in excellent condition but where in some places a little patching up has been done to a less than excellent level, this is probably where most of my time will be spent.. s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg

Last edited:
Re: Re:

Graham_hkr":10co64nl said:
Some new videos perhaps... ;)

No... not this time. This one will be an enjoyable occasional filler...

Ok, so the Trek's finished.. and Adrian looks like he needs some takers for his lugged theme month...

Stripped the Canyon down this evening and took inventory of what I have or don't have..
Oh, and I realised I needed to add the proper headset as well to the wish list, which I'm glad to say I pretty much have from attempting to get the previous Canyon correct. ;)

Just two items missing and I'm not sure I'll find either any time soon, namely the original lock on grips and some mid-to late 80's tyres... :|

Back