Re: 1984 Claud Butler Canyon. #H130008

legrandefromage":1dzav5i8 said:
To be fair, my picture has the brown bit

Ner.

Its string and button polish I think.... :facepalm:

Re: 1984 Claud Butler Canyon. #H130008

Peachy!":2zu44p3c said:
Retro Spud":2zu44p3c said:
You pic is fuzzy - can you post the pic directly on here rather than a link to Photo fook it

Please don't...... I think we have enough :|

Didn't go to plan anyway, downloaded the file from Photobucket, was fuzzed out. So went looking for the original scan on my NAS which had shit itself and lost a disc from the array. Fitted another and it's currently offline rebuilding itself, so it won't be available for a day or so, joy. Not sure how long the replacement will last for as it got flagged as failed in the summer but seems OK on Windows. If it goes again I'll buy another.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":n1dxpzmz said:
nice..... heres my 'eventually' canyon

bit later on than yours I think

Still well within the 1984 "first production batch", although I'm guessing most may have been built up/sold in 1985... How long has it been sitting in the queue? ;) looks in better nick as well....

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy:20qrka7w said:
only about 8 weeks

.......but it is a big queue :oops:

I know the feeling…and no mater how many I build the queue doesn’t get any shorter! :roll:

Thought I’d pop into the workshop and assign the Canyon a parts crate and do a full strip down, still undecided about which way to go with paint finish and won’t make my mind up till I’ve removed all the nasties… gut feeling is it will probably end up getting a full Peachy Resto… :cool:
Bare frame came in at a charming 2.6kg and look whose name appeared under the leatherette! Andy Scaife of the York Bike Rescue Project fame (think he retired to Amsterdam?)
So it looks like H130008 has come back home :D IMG_3450.JPG IMG_3455.JPG

Last edited:
Back