1984 Andy Powell Overbury's of Bristol

My Raleigh Montage has exactly the same frame :shock: (click on Raleigh in my sig)
Same lugs, chainstay, weird seattube and 501 tubing.
So what else can I say than lovely bike! ;)

Jamis Diablo":8ujil3q8 said:
My Raleigh Montage has exactly the same frame :shock: (click on Raleigh in my sig)
Same lugs, chainstay, weird seattube and 501 tubing.
So what else can I say than lovely bike! ;)

sorry to piddle on one's picinic chap - your Montage has different stays, cable stops and so on, nice but no where near as good as the Overbury's

sorry.

Have another mid 80's frame to compare.

Mine has the same forks and rear canti hanger, however, Mr.K's frame has nicer wrap-around pencil rear stays and nicer cable routing.

Looks like ours both have wheel adjusters on the drop-outs

pbpic4372870.jpg

Attachments

• 1984_andy_powell_overburys_of_bristol_s_.jpg
    1984_andy_powell_overburys_of_bristol_s_.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 3,803
  • another 80s frame.jpg
    another 80s frame.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 3,799
It isn't my intension to say my Raleigh is the same quality.
I just saw so much similarities I was stunned, my post is meant with a ;) .

Nice score Neil. Assume you are planning a full catalogue spec rebuild? Be interested to know what tyres you go for.

For comparison here is my Overbury's

main.php

Spec wise it tallys up with what Neil says (assuming of course he didn't get the spec from this bike :) ). Mine is 531 rather than 501, will check the frame number to see if it obviously dates the frame, assuming it has a number of course.

The ride is fun, mostly on a wide downhill. The saddle rails can be a bit flexy too.

Might as well dig out this pic of the Overbury's in action

main.php

felixdelrio":1h21wezx said:
uber cool, Neill!

a bit big, eh?!

Reckon that's the right size for Neil (or me ;) ). These older Overbury's are sized up like road bikes, with shortish top tubes and stems and equally short road seatposts. Mine is around 18" which would normally be an OK size for me but it's way too short and cramped, esp with the bmx stem.

Latest posts

Back