1977 Claud Butler Cavalier #005616

Re: Father & Son's touring project -1977 Claud Butler Cavalier

Jamiedyer":1otkw11h said:
Great family photo :)

Jamie

Cheers Jamie

Re: Re:

Maca":2e1bo4mv said:
great project and thread. fair play to your lad some top work.

Cheers Maca,
Yes the lad is cutting his teeth on these lower end machines, although he’s got his eyes on some of the rarer steel hanging up in the garage.... ;)

If anyone is interested, another has turned up on ebay;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-rare-C ... 3326393721

Number 005913 so also from 1977 and a slightly bigger frame. It looks like its got all its original parts including its Campagnolo Nuovo Valentino kit......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
:D
Peachy!":334lh30u said:
Last February me & my lad Jimmy started on our first father and son restoration,Jim looked the part in his overalls and I couldn’t have been more proud with how the project turned out, with a great Majestic for me and a cracking little 19.5” framed, 26” wheeled Electron for Jim… :cool:

Now throughout the year we have worked on a number of projects, a mixtie for his sister and more recently one for Mrs Peachy and I’ve noticed his boiler suit was getting tighter and tighter, till really it was just plain ridiculous, so obviously two things needed to happen, firstly a new boiler suit, see below (how did that happen in 11 months?) :shock:

Secondly, we need to start his next bike sharpish…… :xmas-big-grin:
Namely a 21” framed, 27” wheeled, 531 plain gauge forked, Claud Butler Cavalier from 1977
Never heard of one before? No surprise there really, very short run, late 1976 – mid 1977. It’s basically a Holdsworth Equipe, which was a low-end bike painted up like the Holdsworth race team bike in the Kingfisher Orange & Blue colour scheme. I’m guessing these didn’t really take off like they thought they might, so I think they decided to badge some up as CB Cavaliers to see if they could shift them that way as well.

Roll on 41 years and one ended up being cleared out of house up hear in Yorkshire, £44 of Jimmy’s own pocket money and we have this;

Right, lets crack on…. :xmas-wink:

Little update, Our Jimmy helped himself to a tidy Stronglight 99 drilled crankset out my "to eBay box" just because he fancied it! :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_5324.jpg
    IMG_5324.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 456

Attachments

• IMG_8728.jpg
    IMG_8728.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 256
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back