BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Ta! Was lovely to get on the machine tools again after a 20 year hiatus (not touched them since training college). That said Paul did most of the skilled stuff.

You're not Claud in your avatar any more Peachy!.......not sure I can get my head round a change as momentous as that.......
A Scottish pal of mine did an excellent Sean Connery “Danny Boy” & I likewise did a passable Michael Caine “Peachy” it’s stuck for over 30 years… 7C9C2348-EB6E-42BA-A34A-EA8BAAB2A30C.jpegAEED955E-9D6A-4D00-B483-EBFEF3B95DD5.jpeg
Then recently my lad @Our Jimmy drew this on a birthday card. Just had to use it.

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
So started tackling the top tube tin worm.......

KSL4bQWl.jpg

qrwqLS3l.jpg

Hmmm.......it runs deep.

enBoiMwl.jpg

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Is that a Bridgeport Vertical Mill 👍
Yes indeedy….we have a machine shop at work with a range of kit, manual stuff - 2x Bridgeport’s, a Colchester lathe, and some early CNC controlled machines - a Harrison Lathe and a Matzek bar fed turret lathe

Nob

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Yes indeedy….we have a machine shop at work with a range of kit, manual stuff - 2x Bridgeport’s, a Colchester lathe, and some early CNC controlled machines - a Harrison Lathe and a Matzek bar fed turret lathe
Lovely Jubbly I love as bought up on colchesters Bridgeport’s then moved onto CNC machines of the early 80’s

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Lovely Jubbly I love as bought up on colchesters Bridgeport’s then moved onto CNC machines of the early 80’s
Was nice to get my hands on the mill (in a very limited capacity - Paul did most of the work).......for the first time in about 20 years. I did the basic training in the late nineties, won machinist of the year at college (got a nice trophy :LOL:), then haven't touched a machine tool since. Training college was Bridgeport mills and Colchester lathes.......sadly the college closed a few years ago. All skills which feel like they're gradually disappearing.

Nob

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Was nice to get my hands on the mill (in a very limited capacity - Paul did most of the work).......for the first time in about 20 years. I did the basic training in the late nineties, won machinist of the year at college (got a nice trophy :LOL:), then haven't touched a machine tool since. Training college was Bridgeport mills and Colchester lathes.......sadly the college closed a few years ago. All skills which feel like they're gradually disappearing.
Yeah doing my first year of my apprenticeship in 79 I was bought up on colchesters, Bridgeport’s & adcock & Shipley mills & borers at college then it to got overhauled to more on academics sadly & then renamed. Got a couple of hobby style Zeig machines to play with once shipment arrives from Oz & we buy our own place later next year.