1961 Claud Butler Super Coureur #9081 (Entente cordiale)

When I started to collect up the various bits and bats for this French themed frame set I had original planed on using a PIVO stem, but then I found a smaller, slightly lighter Phillipe job, so polished that up and painted in the recesses.
However, now I’m committed to the Mafac Racers, I’m having second thoughts, I don’t really want to cover up the tidy paint work on the Head tube…. So back we go to the more industrial PIVO, I mounted an adjuster on the top, and then got polishing. Few strokes of the paint brush and I think it looks pretty good….

Attachments

• Rear Mafac.jpeg
    Rear Mafac.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 575
  • PIVO.jpeg
    PIVO.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 575
  • CoureurBits.jpeg
    CoureurBits.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 575
That Pivo stem looks great.
This is going to look pretty amazing when it gets built.

Jamie

Cheers Jamie, I should have the frame by the end of the week, so I might be able to get it finished by the end of the month.
Although I’ve got the family 2 week holiday in between and have been advised in no uncertain terms should I bring any parts for polishing with me!

PeachyPM":13co9qnw said:
Cheers Jamie, I should have the frame by the end of the week, so I might be able to get it finished by the end of the month.
Although I’ve got the family 2 week holiday in between and have been advised in no uncertain terms should I bring any parts for polishing with me!

Bad show, surely you can sneak a few small bits in to the case for the quieter moments? I would.

allenh":25ym2sak said:
PeachyPM":25ym2sak said:

Bad show, surely you can sneak a few small bits in to the case for the quieter moments? I would.

If I get divorced, I won’t be able to afford any more bikes.......

Yes, there sometimes does need to be a break for our families sake.
Nearly time for our two weeks away as well and while not taking a bike this time there is a couple to ride where we are going and also a visit to nice cargo bike shop as well, which my wife is more than happy with. So while no building etc there is still a bit of riding here and there :)

Jamie

PeachyPM":2mp5kvax said:
allenh":2mp5kvax said:
PeachyPM":2mp5kvax said:

If I get divorced, I won’t be able to afford any more bikes.......

You do know I was just being brave from a distance I hope? Disobeying an order of that magnitude would probably end up with me needing more padding at the front of my saddle when I did get back on my bike.

When I raced club Speedway and dirt track back home my lucky T shirt I wore at races said
' I live with fear everyday...……….some weekends she lets me race'

Jamie

Funny guys.....

Right, serious now.... the frame is here!

First job, head badge and head set....... HeadBadge.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW! just WOW!
A small teaser but so much to see, love it! I am really liking the decal on top of the top tube. Looking forward to seeing more :)

Jamie

Back