1960 R H Wakefield of Tooting Frame for sale 22"

Toecutter

Old School Hero
Offered for sale is a rare R H Wakefield of Tooting frame, size 22". £160

Rather irritatingly I am unable to upload any pictures on here from either my mobile and digi camera due to sizing issues. However, this is the actual example that is shown on the Classic Lightweights Site under Reader's Bikes - dark red with red, white and blue bands and formerly owned by a fellow V-CC member.

Please note this is being sold as a frame only and comes with the headset. The top tube is 22.25" centre to centre and the rear dropout width is 125 mm. The frame is in good condition though I would say the dark red portions are not brilliant in terms of quality but is still overall a very attractive frame and unusual. The Classic Lightweights site piece gives much in the way of further details.

I have too many frames - 14, and need to concentrate on rebuilding just a few. Also being disposed of, similar sizes are a 1967 Fred Dean of Wandsworth, James Fothergill of Liverpool, HGS of Leighton Buzzard and a very rare JJ Whittaker of Romford - almost tempted to hang onto the latter but if anyone is really interested....

Easier to give me a call on 07584 044161 as I've currently got limited pc access. I'm not keen on posting due to being not always available to wait for a coureur but can meet reasonable distance of RG6 or collection from - near Earley Station.
Thanks for looking and if I can find a way in the meantime of uploading an image...

Shaun

Re:

The Fred Dean is now sold, any takers or interest in the others? Can deliver to the Ripley Jumble at the end of the month.

Shaun

Back