1960 Peugeot PX10.

Nice to catch up on this thread. Interesting idea which I didn't notice before about the two dot punches in the DS bottom bracket shell.

Nice to catch up on this thread. Interesting idea which I didn't notice before about the two dot punches in the DS bottom bracket shell.
Have you got the same on La Gazelle? As I'm keeping the original paint I didn't think it was necessary to disturb the drive side cup and headset cups and cones, all cleaned up perfectly fine in situ..👍

Have you got the same on La Gazelle? As I'm keeping the original paint I didn't think it was necessary to disturb the drive side cup and headset cups and cones, all cleaned up perfectly fine in situ..👍

No, there appears nothing like that. I will be doing the same though initially keep the drive side cup and headset cups in place rather than disturb them. On an old Bianchi I built for a friend I went to the trouble of drilling and tapping the shell for a tiny pointy grub screw as the DS cup had the problem of undoing.

One for the Pug fanboy - PH10 1952 - Nice condition and a tip-top restoration.

View attachment 670173
That looks lovely, I would say all original apart from the wheels which look later. I've seen a pale green bike on another thread with almost the exact same spec just needs drop bars and a set of wheels and it would look absolutely stunning..😜

1952fr_14.jpg 1952fr_15.jpg

An issue I've noticed is that the original Mafac 4 dot brake pads are too big for the narrow brake surface on the PIVO rim, as the pads wear they start to rub the face of the rim and into the rim tape on the tubular tyre. Found some VeloSolex front brake caliper pads in France that have smaller dots and fit perfectly into bike jumble find cast alloy carriers... fingers crossed problem solved..

IMG_20221015_082234_HDR.jpg 20200418_190920.jpg
IMG_20221015_102908_HDR.jpg IMG_20221015_082249_HDR.jpg IMG_20221015_082258_HDR.jpg

Looking at the dropouts and crankset, I'd say it's a PLX10 - effectively the forerunner of the PX10, so top-end.
It's a real find, as it looks pretty original. That saves the big outlay to replace parts which have been 'upgraded' over the years.
That said, I did pick up a JUY 60 Record awhile back for a really low price, so now hope to find the matching front unit for my '63 (I believe) PX10.
Do post any pics, please, of the bike as it is now after some cleaning.

Looking at the dropouts and crankset, I'd say it's a PLX10 - effectively the forerunner of the PX10, so top-end.
It's a real find, as it looks pretty original. That saves the big outlay to replace parts which have been 'upgraded' over the years.
That said, I did pick up a JUY 60 Record awhile back for a really low price, so now hope to find the matching front unit for my '63 (I believe) PX10.
Do post any pics, please, of the bike as it is now after some cleaning.
Looking through the catalogues the last year for the PLX10 was 1957.

Peugeot_1957_Catalog_France_Cover.jpg Peugeot_1957_Catalog_France_Sport_Course.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back