Sold Peugeot Athena 653 / Campagnolo / Mavic

Great that Athena! And a very reasonable price I'm thinking. Thank goodness it's a wee bit too big...
GLWS
Thanks, and hopefully fair price. Hard to tell at the moment. Hence open to offers. Would love it to go as a complete bike rather than splitting.

Regarding size, I’m 5ft 11”, and thought it was way too big when looking. Then got on it and was perfect. I normally ride a modern 54-56cm Colnago. Current photos show it setup to my height.

I’m going to price drop this allready. To see if I can move this on as a complete bicycle.

Also this lower price now INCLUDES boxing with paisley freight courier to any where in UK insured.

£350 all in delivered to your door 😎

Some history on this bike. Apparently the original one owner cycled Lands End to John O Groats (LEJOG) and a couple years later the opposite way! Back in the 90s of course.

I’ve also cycled LEJOG, which was fabulous to do. I haven’t found the energy to go the opposite way yet though 🤣

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of owning a few of these over the years and absolutely love them. 653 is fantastic too! I still have my first which I think I'll get repainted for my 40th in a few years time.

Oh I also want a Peugeot python! So if you ever come across one please get in touch. Just the frame would do.

Have a free bump and apologies for hijacking 😁

I had the pleasure of owning a few of these over the years and absolutely love them. 653 is fantastic too! I still have my first which I think I'll get repainted for my 40th in a few years time.

Oh I also want a Peugeot python! So if you ever come across one please get in touch. Just the frame would do.

Have a free bump and apologies for hijacking 😁
Good news, your wish will come true, I have two more Python frames and forks 🤣👍

Now withdrawn. I’m going to split for parts. I’ll be advertising the parts in a week or two once I have a moment to remove and price.

I’m going to price drop this allready. To see if I can move this on as a complete bicycle.

Also this lower price now INCLUDES boxing with paisley freight courier to any where in UK insured.

£350 all in delivered to your door 😎

Some history on this bike. Apparently the original one owner cycled Lands End to John O Groats (LEJOG) and a couple years later the opposite way! Back in the 90s of course.

I’ve also cycled LEJOG, which was fabulous to do. I haven’t found the energy to go the opposite way yet though 🤣
LEJOG minus mudguards? Must have been a very wet chap...I'm amazed this hasn't sold at your very reasonable - not to say cheap - price.

Latest posts

Back