Once again a Plastic Probike classic - Teamreplica SHELL-Peugeot 1984/85

gridno27

rBotM Winner
Reference my passion for early carbon fiber Probikes - Today I can add a new replica build to my collection.

In the mid-1980s, Equipe SHELL-Peugeot used these lightweight Peugeot PY10-FC specifically for the mountains Peugeot developed the PY10-FC based out of the aluminum tube composite frameset of the French manufacturer Bador's PX10-DU, an early version of the Vitus 979 Dural which has been for Peugeot exclusively.

For the PY10-FC, they used carbon fiber tubes instead of aluminum tubes. To assure the stability as the steel-brazed PY10 PRO-S, the diameter of
the three main tubes, which are made of carbon fiber has been increased. Due to the larger diameter, adapters must be mounted between the cast brackets and the carbon tubes, which can be seen as small rings in between.

Once again I've tried to build this bike as authentically as possible - that is, a Maillard-Simplex-Stronglight gear, which drives the Maillard-Mavic tubular wheels. The legendary Carrera 400 from the Swiss company Weinmann are used as brakes and a Cinelli cockpit consists of a 1R stem and Campione del Monde handlebars...
The tape has been an origin white Ambrosio Ribbon of this period.

Especially the so-called "Legion of Strangers" of the SHELL Peugeot MICHELIN team, e.g. drivers like Robert Millar, Phil Anderson, Sean Yates and Steven Roche have the Peugeot lightweight preferably used on the climbing stages.

here the first pics of my REplica after finishing the build in man's cave - here with a pair of authentic Maillard 700D CXC Hook-pedals
IMG_1343.JPG IMG_1344.JPG IMG_1345.JPG

and here the fisrt pics on a test ride in the wilderness ... this time with a more comfortable (...and non-authentic) pair of white-red LOOK's PP 66 click-pedals instead of Maillards 700D CXC racing-pedals. But now enjoy the pics
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1325.JPG IMG_1326.JPG IMG_1330.JPG IMG_1331.JPG IMG_1336.JPG IMG_1342.JPG

Very interesting construction with the adapters. Top job on the build. Thanks for sharing!

Reference my passion for early carbon fiber Probikes - Today I can add a new replica build to my collection.

In the mid-1980s, Equipe SHELL-Peugeot used these lightweight Peugeot PY10-FC specifically for the mountains Peugeot developed the PY10-FC based out of the aluminum tube composite frameset of the French manufacturer Bador's PX10-DU, an early version of the Vitus 979 Dural which has been for Peugeot exclusively.

For the PY10-FC, they used carbon fiber tubes instead of aluminum tubes. To assure the stability as the steel-brazed PY10 PRO-S, the diameter of
the three main tubes, which are made of carbon fiber has been increased. Due to the larger diameter, adapters must be mounted between the cast brackets and the carbon tubes, which can be seen as small rings in between.

Once again I've tried to build this bike as authentically as possible - that is, a Maillard-Simplex-Stronglight gear, which drives the Maillard-Mavic tubular wheels. The legendary Carrera 400 from the Swiss company Weinmann are used as brakes and a Cinelli cockpit consists of a 1R stem and Campione del Monde handlebars...
The tape has been an origin white Ambrosio Ribbon of this period.

Especially the so-called "Legion of Strangers" of the SHELL Peugeot MICHELIN team, e.g. drivers like Robert Millar, Phil Anderson, Sean Yates and Steven Roche have the Peugeot lightweight preferably used on the climbing stages.

here the first pics of my REplica after finishing the build in man's cave - here with a pair of authentic Maillard 700D CXC Hook-pedals
View attachment 752285View attachment 752286View attachment 752287

and here the fisrt pics on a test ride in the wilderness ... this time with a more comfortable (...and non-authentic) pair of white-red LOOK's PP 66 click-pedals instead of Maillards 700D CXC racing-pedals. But now enjoy the pics
View attachment 752291
View attachment 752292View attachment 752293View attachment 752294View attachment 752295View attachment 752296View attachment 752297
Lovely build. It looks like it'll be jostling for space in your workshop though,..

Back