Yeti Lawwill 4

I'm so glad you're restoring this, it was my plan from the day I bought it but never got round to it! :LOL:

Really looking forward to seeing the finished bike! :cool:

Here's a picture of it when I was using it as an all-mountain ride (before the Airlines)

Attachments

• Yeti_Jetty.jpg
    Yeti_Jetty.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2,008
beepbeep":341ec5et said:
I'm so glad you're restoring this, it was my plan from the day I bought it but never got round to it! :LOL:

Really looking forward to seeing the finished bike! :cool:

Here's a picture of it when I was using it as an all-mountain ride (before the Airlines)

i was unsure as to wether i was going to respray or not given its history but i think i will restore it to ots former glory (with a few changes of course)

now sell me those airlines!!!!!!

nporternz said:
it is currently stripped and ready for a respray - going to be a similar colour - but overall look will be based loosely on colin baileys team version!!

parts acquired so far

RS DHO Forks
HED rear wheel (front hopefully on the way too)
IRC Missile Tyres
obligatory ringle stem and seatpost
magura front brake
syncros risers
RaceFace crank!!

will post some pics soon

RS DHO forks - first on the list ;)

Hmm,rather than respraying it,have you given any thought to powder coating it? They can match the colour spot on and it's way tougher and nicer than any paint. You can see in my photo the swingarm and the welded/plated lattice section.It is going to get powder coated soon and really,I look at the original finish,and it almost looks like powder coating too.When I had it welded over,the guy who glass beaded it said he thought it was powder coat because of how hard it was to remove.

Also,on your swingarm have you got any stress cracks at the top pivot bushing from the outside moving inward?Has the small point at the front where it attatches to the pull shock through pin started to deflect upward?
These are the reasons why I got mine plated,for extra strength.It has been ridden hard and raced hard,taken many big jumps and I've gone off a lot of big drops too.My bike has had a really hard life so far but is still ticking!

WAY TO GO YETI !!!! SUPER GOOD RIDE !!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I give this bike 5 twisted evils out of 5 !! :D

yeah - by respray i meant powdercoating.... i even have the ral code as yetis were powdercoated!!!

i'm pretty sure (from my research) that the team versions had slightly stronger siwngarms. no cracks on this one

hello, glad to hear you're powder coating it! But,mine is team yeti aswell and had cracked so just look carefully and keep it in mind for later inspections if you ride hard.We have the same bikes I'm sure,just a year apart.

cheers! :)

Hi very nice bike allways liked Yeti's. just a quick one im liking the rock shox psylo's what year are they? i could do with some of them for my Atx990 if anyone knows of a set going around.

garetha1980":3cxglcvz said:
Hi very nice bike allways liked Yeti's. just a quick one im liking the rock shox psylo's what year are they? i could do with some of them for my Atx990 if anyone knows of a set going around.

I think they're 2002. Almost tempted to sell you them but they're good to have around and I've got a new project that they'll probably end up on.

I reckon you'd find a cheap set on ebay (were I found these a few years back)

beepbeep,
thanks very much for hooking me up with those bushing links!!I've been in contact with the folks at Yeti and the measurements fit spot on!Don't know why I was never able to find them previously or why I never got much help from anyone but this guy named Phil there has been great!I am well on the way to putting in new bushings and could'nt be happier!
Going for a ride tomorrow on the old girl with a buddy and SO looking forward to it!

cheers dude!

Back