XLR8 - Ritchey Logic Super Tubing Prestige

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":21c3kfs8 said:
Here you go, not exactly the same as your frame but maybe yours is from a year or two earlier....

Brilliant! Where did you find that bit of info?

Put it in perspective a bit for me.

Re:

The powder coating looks great, has the finish lasted?

Yes, it has lasted very well. Powder coating is pretty tough and I haven't got any scratches or chips yet, pretty much looks as good as the day I got it done, other than the mud.

I think it's likely that it is a Leisure Lakes frame, some of the larger shops had frames made for them to their specification, usually in the far east, and re-badged, just as many of the brand names did. Merlin Cycles used to sell their own Merlin Malt range of MTB frames, although I see they don't any more.

xerxes":4h5yj5k3 said:
The powder coating looks great, has the finish lasted?

Yes, it has lasted very well. Powder coating is pretty tough and I haven't got any scratches or chips yet, pretty much looks as good as the day I got it done, other than the mud.

I think it's likely that it is a Leisure Lakes frame, some of the larger shops had frames made for them to their specification, usually in the far east, and re-badged, just as many of the brand names did. Merlin Cycles used to sell their own Merlin Malt range of MTB frames, although I see they don't any more.

I had one of Merlin's Tange Prestige frames, it wasn't a Malt but one which had been designed by Paul Sadoff (Rock Lobster) but it didn't seem as nice as this frame.

Good to know about the powder coating and well observed about V brakes: )

rqy99g":34fhkyyr said:
LikeClockwork":34fhkyyr said:
Here you go, not exactly the same as your frame but maybe yours is from a year or two earlier....

I have a habit of never throwing anything away :LOL:

Have a collection of old catalogs, including this from '98, think OP's frame is probably earlier as it's not wishbone like this one. Thought I had another Leisure Lakes cat but can't find it for now....

LikeClockwork":1iebq19g said:
rqy99g":1iebq19g said:
LikeClockwork":1iebq19g said:

I have a habit of never throwing anything away :LOL:

Have a collection of old catalogs, including this from '98, think OP's frame is probably earlier as it's not wishbone like this one. Thought I had another Leisure Lakes cat but can't find it for now....

Haha, I'm a bit like that, then my wife just indiscriminately does it for me. I used to save all the ticket stubs for gigs that I'd been to... it's a lot. I went to find one of the stubs only to find she'd tidied up my bedside drawer, all gone.... grrrrr!!

If you find the other I'd be interested in seeing it if it is like the frame I have.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back