Worst job on a car...

perry":1ssfby8a said:
How many times have you fired it up on open headers ? :LOL:

Not yet actually, will do when it's off the stands :twisted:

Remember standing next to a 70 Hemi Challenger with open headers at SantaPod a few years ago, somehow dont think it'll match that :LOL:

I'm on day 27 of my own personal hell. I have cut off all the exterior panels on my 71 Giulia Coupe and started replacing them with handmade alloy skins. The quality of said skins is not fantastic and its just taken 2 days with the hammer and dollie to get the door skins done. Skins are now fitted and looking superb- saved 6kg per door too. Now onto the rest of the panels. Front and rear wings are on, just the rear panel, bonnet and boot to do.
Can't wait to get it finished as its doing my head in.

Si

Lets have some pics si

You'll be surprised jimi , when I still had the cortina and was waiting for the 105speed exhaust I started it a few times and it sounded like thunder , 4 piston thunder but still loud . I bet the v6 will have a nice rhythm to it .

I ran my R80, (old air cooled BMW, 800cc boxer engined motorbike) on open headers once, sounded just lovely!

You can't beat the sound of an unsilenced 70's Ferarri V12 flat out down the Mulsane at 2am. Spine tingling. I fired the Jensen up without exhausts on once. Sounded like a tractor.

Will sort some alfa pics for you Perry.

Will sort some alfa pics for you Perry.

cool

I bet massaging an alloy panel is hard work .

changing a water pump when you shear a bolt in the block isn't too fun ; either struggle with it in situ or it's engine out .

Handmade alloy panels :shock: , how much for a Capri bonnet :LOL:

Clutch master cylinder on an 80's Audi Coupe GT, changed one of those once, absolute swine that was, two hours upside down with my head wedged in the footwell :x, worst thing was, that was'nt the fault, it was the clutch it's self, so the box then had to come out which was also a swine :x , i could have gladly pushed that car off a cliff and watched it explode in a fireball while dancing and laughing like a loon :twisted:

Dr S":1ft9klqu said:
You can't beat the sound of an unsilenced 70's Ferarri V12 flat out down the Mulsane at 2am. Spine tingling.
I don't drive and aren't even into cars, but this awakens something within... -I could sell my eco-compromised sole! :D

Oi! No talking about LM until after Christmas at the earliest!

Rattley baffles on 2.8 capri rear boxes can be cured with a long screwdriver and a hammer. :twisted:

& a BMW 2.5 (m20) sounds quite nice with just a 6-branch on it...

Back