Wookiee's 2012 Santa Cruz Highball Alu FINISHED PAGE 2!

Just noticed the pedals!
Looking good though mate. Really need to finish my first 29er have most of the bits bought...

superstu":2zoluvtt said:
Just noticed the pedals!
Looking good though mate. Really need to finish my first 29er have most of the bits bought...

I can't ride with out toeclips...I've tried and the only bike I can ride with out them is my BMX!

Re:

Took out the newly refurbished bike on Saturday...

...Loved it, as I always do, but maybe just a bit more! The trails had started to dry out and some sections were almost dusty and gave me a reminiscent sniff of last summer. The wheels performed well and felt stiffer and seemed easier to pick up speed, but that could just be the placebo effect! Decided to go back and try the tubeless/sealant set up with these wheels and so far so good (but I still carry a tube!). I was amazed how easily the tyres seated on the rims! Got to 30 psi and "ping" they were on! The drivetrain was purring...well it should after new cassette, chain, rings and jockey wheels!

Over all its still the best bike I have ridden and whilst I have a real emotional attachment, and enjoy riding my Team Marin and could not part with it, I don't have the same feeling for this bike. This bike is pure enjoyment at riding a bike offroad for me. The frame is great but similar to many I imagine but its the whole package, everything just works brilliantly! But still pondering how a Ti 29er frame would ride! :facepalm:

Doug

Attachments

• Muddy SLR SC 2.jpg
    Muddy SLR SC 2.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 693
  • Muddy SLR SC.jpg
    Muddy SLR SC.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 693
Re:

Hmmm nahh Ti or bust! A few indulgent pics as rode the beast today and had a bit of a clean! So here is howI have the bike at the moment...in its spring clothes! Gone are the XT bits and its XTR everything. The nice new SLR's are a big improvement. The Bonty mudX are hopefully resigned to next winter, so back to a Nobby Nic rear and the Hans Dampf front. May think of Racing Ralphs if it gets reall dry or maybe some Maxxis Ikons. This is it for now, weighing in at just over 23lbs too! and me? well lets not go there!

Doug

Attachments

• sc march 7.jpg
    sc march 7.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 652
  • sc march 3.jpg
    sc march 3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 652
  • sc march 4.jpg
    sc march 4.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 652
  • sc march 5.jpg
    sc march 5.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 652
  • SC march 2.jpg
    SC march 2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 652
  • SC March 1.jpg
    SC March 1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 652
  • sc march 6.jpg
    sc march 6.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 652
Re:

Well wadda you know looks like a Ti 29er frame has come within my grasp! Watch this space the Highball frame may be up for grabs!

Doug

Back