Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

Re:

I happened upon a Bolinas one day at work that was locked up in stairwell, I don't which years model it was but certainly not retro. It had an aluminium frame. So i did the obligatory 2 fingers under the saddle and 2 fingers under the stem and lift... I was surprised how light it was, probably about the same as my I.F.T. They have certainly improved over the years!

Re: Re:

wookiee":md5ge6g1 said:
widowmaker":md5ge6g1 said:
Have you weighed this out of interest, so I can compare to my Marin build ?

Hi mate from memory I think that it comes in at around 25lbs...not a featherweight but feels nimble none the less...

There is something written, somewhere that the team bikes were deliberately a pinch heavier than the bikes next in the range.

I think it's in a catalogue somewhere. It was due to the bike being too 'giddy-up' and whispy when powering on, so the front end was beefed up by way of steel forks and stem to assist stability. Means nowt to me at 17st plus but more applicable to the pro racers back then that had to satisfy a weight stipulation.
I had an IFT last year and the bloody thing would not climb. It just buckaroo'd at the front under thrust, that's pretty much what i'm getting at.
power is nothing without control.(ok, i ripped that from the old volvo 850 advert) ;)

Re:

Just out of interest
Here is my 91 Team with original hex grips
I am looking for a few decals
Anyway I hope you don't mind me crashing this great post
Malc

Attachments

• Marin5.jpg
    Marin5.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 729
  • Marin3.jpg
    Marin3.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 729
  • Marin4.jpg
    Marin4.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 729
  • Marin Team 1991.jpg
    Marin Team 1991.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 729
Re: Re:

integerspin":109a7i19 said:
wookiee":109a7i19 said:
Ha yeah that's the one I have my eye on! Shhh!
If it's the one with fluro lugs it looks like a 17.5" to me.

Nahh it was a different one...sold weeks back now...decided to stick with what I have.

Back