Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin 100% finished pics 13 & 15

I masked off the relevant rectangle and gently flatted it with really fine wet and dry before fitting the decals........there was/is no colour loss to the flatted area, and Gil's decals have stuck like the proverbial to a blanket........daz

feetabix":q7vrw577 said:
I masked off the relevant rectangle and gently flatted it with really fine wet and dry before fitting the decals........there was/is no colour loss to the flatted area, and Gil's decals have stuck like the proverbial to a blanket........daz

Ahhh not a bad thought, I ended up using superglue on the headtube badge!

Newbie here...very nice build wookiee. I've been using this site as a go to reference, and this tread has been very helpful... lots of Infos and it reignited my interest in retro mtb...last year I finally acquired the same model but the alternate (rainbow) scheme although I really wanted a zolatone...
And from what observe the zolatone is much tougher, because the paint on my team is a bit "brittle" on bumps or maybe due to its age.

Re: Re:

widowmaker":stw8j5s2 said:
Have you weighed this out of interest, so I can compare to my Marin build ?

Hi mate from memory I think that it comes in at around 25lbs...not a featherweight but feels nimble none the less...

Stipen2317":1o7vnt29 said:
Newbie here...very nice build wookiee. I've been using this site as a go to reference, and this tread has been very helpful... lots of Infos and it reignited my interest in retro mtb...last year I finally acquired the same model but the alternate (rainbow) scheme although I really wanted a zolatone...
And from what observe the zolatone is much tougher, because the paint on my team is a bit "brittle" on bumps or maybe due to its age.

Zolatone rocks mate its tougher than any paint! Can still be scratched but doesn't really chip...

wookiee":1k8x8qwq said:
widowmaker":1k8x8qwq said:

Hi mate from memory I think that it comes in at around 25lbs...not a featherweight but feels nimble none the less...

Thanks, my Marin build is practically at the bottom of the range so cant compare to this beauty, but with a splatter of STX I have kicking around hopefully ill shave a few pounds of weight.

widowmaker":3796ib4y said:
wookiee":3796ib4y said:
widowmaker":3796ib4y said:

Thanks, my Marin build is practically at the bottom of the range so cant compare to this beauty, but with a splatter of STX I have kicking around hopefully ill shave a few pounds of weight.

What model is yours? My Eldridge was around 27lbs....

Back