Winter Project #2: 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Blizz":19d7a9r1 said:
Very nice! Was Quy able to do a pearl white? Or just a standard white? It looks like a good match!

It's pearl :)

Dang close to. My two were the first. He's figured it out now. He does each colour with a separate bake so there is no seam.

Blizz":12bnxh52 said:
Very nice! Was Quy able to do a pearl white? Or just a standard white? It looks like a good match!

It's pearl :)

Dang close to. My two were the first. He's figured it out now. He does each colour with a separate bake so there is no seam.

Now I need to sort a fork.

I mocked it up with a Tange Fat Blade, but I didn't like the look. My original plan was to do a rockshox mag20/21 on it because that's how I woulda preferred it back in the day. Prob is I already have that setup on my 1993 brodie ... Sorta the same ride than.

That leaves a good ol'Powerlite, which is one of the few forks I don't have.

f26a01243db53d3eeefa30b88d2717b9.jpg

Looking more the part.

fyi, the blizzard decal you have there is on the wrong side. shadows always face to the back of the frame. also those RM logos look somewhat bigger than they should, particularily the one on the head tube. :?

RockiMtn":3g5eeiyx said:
fyi, the blizzard decal you have there is on the wrong side. shadows always face to the back of the frame. also those RM logos look somewhat bigger than they should, particularily the one on the head tube. :?

Doh! I'll get Gil to send me some others. I got nothing but time :)

yeti_bomb":xqmn501c said:
Wow quite a change. Great work. Stoked to see your progress. Went to a good home indeed!

Ya ... Huge turnaround :)

Always amazed at how these old frames and parts clean up.

I'm gonna stick to the original fork plan I think. Unless I find a powerlite in the next month. :?

Back