1991 Rocky Mountain Altitude and 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Wchow16

Retro Guru
Hello Retrobikers,

I am getting really close to finishing project #2 and project #3. It’s been a long time. Almost ten years for the Blizzard I think. I don’t have before pictures, but here are the after pictures (IPad camera). Repainted at Chris Dekerf’s shop, new decals, and clear coat. Next up is to build them up to catalogue spec. After that, I think I am retiring. My wallet can’t handle it anymore :).

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1601.png
    IMG_1601.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1602.png
    IMG_1602.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Hello Retrobikers,

I am getting really close to finishing project #2 and project #3. It’s been a long time. Almost ten years for the Blizzard I think. I don’t have before pictures, but here are the after pictures (IPad camera). Repainted at Chris Dekerf’s shop, new decals, and clear coat. Next up is to build them up to catalogue spec. After that, I think I am retiring. My wallet can’t handle it anymore :).

Thanks

:cool: looking forward to the build pictures.

Nice pair. Of course you can't fault DeKerf's paint quality, but decal placement on the other hand......
Yeah the blizzard seat tube decals are flip flopped in the wrong order. The same for the Nimbus I built. Also the top tube decals are not quite positioned to where they were from factory…. Oh well, overall very happy with their work.

I have a few that are flipped decal placement from factory- I don't think there was much rhyme or reason to decal placement and colour for that matter.

I have a few that are flipped decal placement from factory- I don't think there was much rhyme or reason to decal placement and colour for that matter.
Good to know. I do notice in the 1991 catalog the decals placement isn't the same as they were in show room. That and the components pictured did not line up to the specs, which tells me the pictures in the catalog are early pictures before they knew exactly how they would be spec‘d in the show room.

Back