Winter Project #2: 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

shutter":151haeyf said:
Don't blame me... I only have 7 blizzards... ;)
and there lies the problem! :roll: like i said, everyone and there grandmother. :LOL:

i've owned a total of 7 at one point or another, luckily i'm down to only one now, and even that one i've been considering pushing out. :p

Re:

The days are getting longer. I best get moving here!

The was some chain wear on the rear stay. Nothing major but I wanted this done right.

Quick 5 minute fix by our local pro and it's ready for powder coat today.

294e66b494206312fe0749b3eee7828d_zps1790301d.jpg

dae8d88a8609982b153061f9d5900817_zps78876219.jpg

This thread may turn into a Blizzard 2 for 1 :)

Re:

Quy is going to try to two tone powdercoat my two blizzard frames. If it turns out well it will be a big bonus for the southern Ontario Rocky Mtn crew! Fingers crossed.

Still working on a fork, but my other options are easy :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 447
That's the plan if I can sort a powerlite ... Could also use that tange strut or NOS fat blade. I'm not the powerlite magnet you are :)

Bouncy plan would be a nice gold first gen mag21 with the late model crown.

jimi911":1tp0br1l said:
That's the plan if I can sort a powerlite ... Could also use that tange strut or NOS fat blade. I'm not the powerlite magnet you are :)

Bouncy plan would be a nice gold first gen mag21 with the late model crown.

Nice! in the past two years about 7 powerlites have passed through my hands... unfortunately only one has had a steer long enough to work it's way into my collection ;)

I'm sure one will come my way. I'm due :)

Now ... I'm gonna say it ... The Powerlite is not a great fork. I mean it looks great, says syncros, but they are a harsh ride. Just like the gator. I've riden both, more the gator recently, and you can notice harshness of over other rigids. I actually spoke with a guy from syncros recently and he echoed that ... "Built for the tougher BC trail".

The 1991 Blizzard I rode back in 1992 was my buddy's dads bike. Mag20s, all syncrosed out ... It was a great bike. I loved that thing.

Now ... A couple of decades later ... Even though I know better ... I sorta want a powerlite ... Hahaha

Back