Wicked FAT Chance frame + fork…

tangent

Senior Retro Guru
Spotted this Wicked FAT Chance on ebay here - caught my attention as have never ridden one and we used to say ‘Wicked’ a lot back in the day 🤣

Quite a few images - but condition is enigmatic - tricky to tell. Looks as if has a push fit unthreaded bb. shell ?

Wicked FAT Chance on ebay

Posting as curious to see what other folk think , and also removing temptation to add to the collection 🤣

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Don’t know much about the bike but I look at the piece of wood bracing the dropouts and think it’s like that for postage. Looking at the sellers other items and that they got it in a clearance pallet I’d guess it’s from a lost/undelivered parcel? Anyone on here missing one?!

Oh that would be sad if true…

On the bb front if it is threadless Mercian cycles have a Mavic push fit bb on there lovely website which would work really well assuming no other hidden nasties …

Spotted this Wicked FAT Chance on ebay here - caught my attention as have never ridden one and we used to say ‘Wicked’ a lot back in the day 🤣

Quite a few images - but condition is enigmatic - tricky to tell. Looks as if has a push fit unthreaded bb. shell ?

Wicked FAT Chance on ebay

Posting as curious to see what other folk think , and also removing temptation to add to the collection 🤣

Looks like a nice 89 Wicked, love the colour. No obvious signs of BB rustout. Needs some press fit bearings which are easy to source and someone will have a wonderful rider. Shame its too small for me or id add it to the collection, not that I need another bike 😃

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks like a nice 89 Wicked, love the colour. No obvious signs of BB rustout. Needs some press fit bearings which are easy to source and someone will have a wonderful rider. Shame its too small for me or id add it to the collection, not that I need another bike 😃
Echoing the above, I have a '90 Wicked and they are wonderful things to ride around on all day :)

This one is a Medium unless I'm mistaken?

Having the original fork is a bonus and it has the correct seat clamp as well. Bearings are indeed easy to source, I'm just pondering how easy the BB axles are to come by though. Perhaps a threadless cartridge BB would indeed work? Hmm...

Last edited:
Echoing the above, I have a '90 Wicked and they are wonderful things to ride around on all day :)

This one is a Medium unless I'm mistaken?

Having the original fork is a bonus and it has the correct seat clamp as well. Bearings are indeed easy to source, I'm just pondering how easy the BB axles are to come by though. Perhaps a threadless cartridge BB would indeed work? Hmm...
Think you can read a letter ‘M’ stamped on bb in image showing frame no.

good to know more about age & bb set-up…likely too small for me also…no experience riding either Wicked or Monster FAT Chance’s would like to try when the right size comes along

Back