Grassroots style, Orange prestige or Fat Chance Wicked lite ?

ThePlant

Dirt Disciple
Hello, would you be interested to help me build a new project?
Also subjective I am always curious to read about real riding experience.
I have a 500 euros max budget for a frame set, steel obviously, 90-95 period, under 3kg with fork. I am a size M/L and 56-57 cm top tube works well. Originally I was riding a 19 inch stump jumper and it was a great ride, fast paced and in the wood but I now I live in Berlin and before I am leaving the busy streets and need to be able to drive slow and stop often (it was big) Then we have a lot of woods and single tracks and it’s easy to make a 40 to 60 km round trip.
I have the possibility to buy a Fat Chance Wicked lite and it seems perfect “on paper”but the seller wants 650 and I find it to be a lot. I saw there are often cheaper alternatives like the Orange prestige and there is actually one in Germany with Ritchey logic tubing. How does it compare with the Fat Chance ?
I had a Kona Cinder Cone 1992, it was fun to build it but too stiff a ride .
I sold it to a friend who’s born in 1992, she’s really happy.
I am not collecting and don’t need bikes to hang on the wall. I like to ride them if possible and not sell a lung to buy one !
So any tips on light, springy steel with a bit of collectible value but affordable ?
And is the wicked really special and should I break the bank ?
Photos of my former Kona and active Cannondale F1000 ride (really happy about that one but a bit technical for every day)
I am welcoming your comments and curious to know about your experience.

Attachments

• IMG_8747.jpeg
    IMG_8747.jpeg
    672.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8691.jpeg
    IMG_8691.jpeg
    846 KB · Views: 17
Yeah, buy the Wicked Lite, I also have one and its a joy to ride anywhere and worth every cent 👍

Back