Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No reason

• All of the above

• None of the above

• Total voters
Just takes me back to a time when I was really passionate about MTB. Still like bikes now obviously but it's not quite the same lol

al":20fs3ykh said:
OK! Who's the other poser?

Al. :oops:

:LOL:
So I'm a bit every thing :oops:
Well I couldn't decide which to pick :oops: And my Trimble do look good :mrgreen:

:LOL:

:LOL: should have guessed! ;)

what a couple of tarts we are! :LOL:

Al.

Why do I like retro bikes, well that is for the same reason as I like anything old, mainly familiarity and familiarity of wonder at older machines still.

My mtb'ing was the early nineties, the bikes I saw out on the trail are familiar, I see them here and feel a familiarity with my past, a similar mind set perhaps.

And of course I just like to be different, an old thing in amongst a gaggle of new things adds class and style, much like the cars of the past.

Interestingly though, because nearly everything has been sorted on my '93 bike, it is in better condition than many newer bikes, how many bikes do I see with the rear v brake disconnected and a rusty chain, and I am talking mid range bikes here.perhaps the mentality is, let it decay, just buy another one.

Even in my past youth, age 11 through to late teens, I used to straighten buckled wheels, perhaps crudely, but enough so I did not have to disconnect any brakes, what is wrong with people, it is not a difficult thing to learn, nor is it too time consuming.

Bugger, I think I have become an old fart.

Back