Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the above

• None of the above

• Total voters
None of the above...

Plus, new bikes have no 'soul' ;)

Old bikes are from the heyday, history in the making, an emerging 'new breed'. Lots of people, lots of enthusiasm....its all a bit dull these days :roll:

For me the retro thing is about history and provenance. When you buy something that's been around for a number of years, you can benefit from the real world experience of all the people that have used it for all that time. If something's c**p then it will be obvious by now and obviously the same is true of the truly great stuff. So if it's stood the test of time and is still sought after then chances are it will outperform 90% of anything new and untested. IMHO many products of the modern day won't survive the test of time but either way I would rather not be the one who shells out my hard earned on testing it.

That and the fact that retro stuff is just so damn cool :cool:

As per my signature.... The future is Retro ;)

I like retro because........... :?
I was never too keen on the modern product produced these days by many companys
Things designed to break after a few years,mfi ikea ,bicycle shaped objects and the like are responsible for this way of building products
Retro reminds me of the days when quality meant something
--

I like my old bikes because they did the job years ago and my riding hasn't changed since then so theres no need for the bike to change. Plus i'm too tight to buy a new one :LOL:

Old or new

I have retro and modern. With retro it's more of a challenge getting parts in good condition, unlike modern. I used to race in the mid 90s and wanted a steel kona to bring back the memories. The bikes on retrobike get a new lease of life instead of collecting dust at a back of a garage.
Keep up the good work guys

Cheers kirbdug

For me its about motivation for losing weight, i've been rebuilding my old xc machine since oct, and once i'm down to 14 stone i'll allow myself to ride her, until then i treat her to presents from evil bay instead of buying pasties :)

I think that they are at least as good as the new tiwan pushouts, and i love my classic 80s ~ 97 bikes, back when the builders really put "love" into their frames, and had some really unique things coming out. i like them alot more than the ones in stores these days (minus a few like serrota & other small volume "botique" brands, those i drool over) because of the tiwanization and lack of immagination these days.

the retrobikes seem to just have a different feel and aura. i also like that they are in reach of most indeviduals price wise. I cant wait to finally piece my first one togeather myself (paydays friday so thats a start).

Im also greatful for the community backing them here :D its great!

My bikes also have the story behind them to me so i also like that about the bikes.

Back