Why did everyone hate thatcher?

I was expecting an answer like to be honest. The world isn't that black and white, ie either your for the system or your a conspiracy theorist or anarchist. Conspiracy theorists and Anarchy is for spotty studants and are dumb ideas which i do not agree with either.

Some very intelligent people can be very small minded and one tracked. Just because you are an MP or similar doesn't mean you are instandly broad minded.

I agree with having a government but the way ours works is old and dusty, instead of constantly changing the education system and this and that etc etc etc, change the stucture of parliament, the way voting is calculated and , and how we can vote and directly change things that OUR money is spent on ie regards referendums on education, the law, housing etc etc.........

I've never seen the point of giving money to someone who says, yes i will spend your money on this, then goes and spends it on something else.

Our Taxes , our money, and we should not keep giving it to governments who constantly adjust what they do with it.

The fact that we vote in this country for paties who always end up '' not doing'' all the things they said they were going to do, really tells me something about the people who, then say, '' oh yes out party is great and better than.....''

I was not making generalisations, I was relating my experience.

Go ahead and tell me what my next reply might be. You seem to think there is no thought behind anyone else's stance; we are all just sheep right?

My view is that getting involved makes a difference. That is my experience, and I have been politically involved since I was a kid.

There is a sub culture of nay sayers who think everyone but them is misinformed and being fooled. Fact.

Many of them only every leave their houses to attend their job centre interviews, Dr. Who conventions or score drugs.

I thought you'd say that...........no not really.. that time..........but i think i've been clear enough on what i think of our current system cheers.

Personally being old enough to remember the whole thing, I can only say this.

A: The milk I had as a child was crap anyway
B: Don't try and fight the system Mr Scargill there is only one winner, they tried in Russia and that turned out well for them over 70 years didn't it.
C: Me and my family did ok through her leadership unfortunately some didn't , it's life, everyone's not equal not matter what you believe see Russia above, human nature doesn't allow it.
D: I left school and got a job straight away and apart from the last two times I have been made redundant (both times when Labour were in but countered by I got jobs straight away whilst Labour were in control as well)

Tthe only time during my life when I actually gave a shit and was proud to be from the U.K now I don't really give a monkeys. Also I never try to talk politics with people who are "interested" in politics as they are usually as blinkered as the people they detest. Personally I find all political parties so odious and self-serving I don't bother with any of them.

Signal11th":2el9gziz said:
I never try to talk politics with people who are "interested" in politics as they are usually as blinkered as the people they detest. Personally I find all political parties so odious and self-serving I don't bother with any of them.

How on earth do you talk politics with someone who is NOT interested though? At the end of the day, everything is political in some way. Generalising just doesn't work. Do people who are interested in politics automatically detest people? Seems at odds with my experience.

Signal11th":3cdye6fo said:
Personally I find all political parties so odious and self-serving I don't bother with any of them.

A global problem apparently. I feel this way too.

It's a dangerous time for democracy. And it's not exactly a new problem either. The Athenians were the first to get tired of their democracy. And history appears to be repeating itself.

So I find myself forcing myself to give a shit. But careerist politicians should be banned.

Nobody should ever be able to be elected without experience of
1) Doing a proper day's work
2) Being on a low income for at least three months.

Not perfect but might serve to eliminate some of the chaff.

No Matter what you do someone will be unhappy with the decisions that are made. This will never change. I’m personally not aware of a better alternative to democracy.

MT’s time as a decision maker is gone. If you feel her bad polices still linger then your anger should be directed at the people/generation who have the ability to make change now! Speaking ill of the dead will achieve nothing. If your mind is stuck in the past then you will never achieve anything in the future.

Back