Dont you just hate it when.....................

Stuff getting scratched or chipped through stupidity/carelessness . If it happens riding it's fine, inevitable even. But knocking it over, dropping something on it or watching it slide down the post you just stupidly leant it against. Grrr!
Yeah that does suck but I've decided that storage and wrenching is all part of the life of bikes and so even if I do a fucky move and chip something, it's merely a battle scar - battling moi!

Yeah that does suck but I've decided that storage and wrenching is all part of the life of bikes and so even if I do a fucky move and chip something, it's merely a battle scar - battling moi!
I get over it pretty quick when it does happen, but in that moment I do get the hump for a bit! :)

Stuff getting scratched or chipped through stupidity/carelessness . If it happens riding it's fine, inevitable even. But knocking it over, dropping something on it or watching it slide down the post you just stupidly leant it against. Grrr!
200k into a 400k on a newly built (as in fresh from the factory) Bob Jackson. Got to the control at Paddington station where I lent my bike against a round pillar with a fancy square base. Turn to get my brevet card signed and hear a bang. Turn back to find my new Bob Jackson has a big dent in the seat tube. Spent the next 200k mainly saying 4 letter words.

…When you can’t find your cable cutters. Nice Park cutters that you’ve had for a very long time. You took them to to a Repair Café and haven’t seen them since. You’re sure they must be in the house somewhere but. You just can’t find them.

Gonna fess that when i go to the local supermarket I carry a length of poly insulation tube in my Timbuk 2 bag to protect the frame and always lock it carefully/tightly to a bench, not a dedicated bike rack. Its the bicycle equivalent of parking your P&J at the far end of the car park away from other cars 😀 The alternative is to get a snotter bike but I then think whats the point of never riding the nice ones 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back