Who's riding what, where this weekend?

Road ride down to Brighton on Saturday, on the time-trial bike :roll: . Three of us on the way down (good hard work), about 50 on the way back :LOL: , chips on the seafront, great weather :D

Santa Pod on Sunday

3561633553_1f99f1532a_m.jpg

Solo ride on local trails near North Downs on the singlespeed today - hadn't touched it since the snow days in Feb, gave it a service this morning while it was raining (in between taking the Ibis apart and servicing the other bikes), had to swap the Syncros BB for another Syncros as it was shot, bike now perfectly silent, trails nice and perfectly dry in the afternoon :D

Did both Grizedale forrest green trails this weekend, you maybe thinking there aren't two green trails well one is for mountain biking and one is for walking. I took my girlfriend on the walking trail with our bikes, thinking it was the cycling trail. :oops: I thought this was a very technical trail with a very rocky steep begining but GF just carried on humouring me, trying not to complain, only second time she's ever been mountain biking. Anyway it was time to come back and what goes up must come down, and its really getting technical and steep now! GF very close to tears and vowing never to sit on a mtb again. We even cross over the North Face specially built MTB trail with me thinking god if this is hard then how hard is that going to be. Then after the steepest rockiest single track I have ever been on, we come across the real green cycle route and realise that I have just taken her on the walking route. GF was able to laugh it off perhaps because she was relieved that she wouldn't be doing anything like that again this weekend.

That was saturday and on sunday we returned to complete the green cycle trail including the fantasic North Face single track trails which we both thought was exhilierating and now she is hooked. :shock:

Out in the South Downs on Saturday on the Fat on Sat.

Then out playing with my mates on their jump bikes in urban and forestry surroundings on Sunday.

Then Leith Hill on Bank Holiday Monday for 7 hours, felt like about 2... that place is so great!

Then an easy 50-mile coastal spin on the road bike today to un-knot the old legs. 30mph + for ages, overtaking cars etc... then a 17-20mph slog against the damn wind on the way home! :D

Happy days, but I'm still fat! :LOL:

Back