Who rides their bikes in the mud?

my rts got muddy this evening, maybe even some more scratches, buy a road bike if you don't want to get it muddy!

Depends what the shortest route between point A and point B is...if there happens to be mud then so be it, but i won't actively go seeking it out.

mud

Loki":13q9fq94 said:
Riding in the mud screws up the trails and destroys parts. Neither is very clever IMO.

am sure one bike is not going to destroy a track,but you americans and the most obese nation on the planet so many be :LOL:

All my bikes get muddy at some point...otherwise why bother.

dirtykleinrider6.jpg

dirtyattitude1.jpg

but I do wash them properly when I'm done...

kleinwash2.jpg

Steve

Not mine ,but might have been somebody here :?

Attachments

• sits1_111 (Large).jpg
    sits1_111 (Large).jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 342
Re: mud

matthew71":16gulcrq said:
Loki":16gulcrq said:
Riding in the mud screws up the trails and destroys parts. Neither is very clever IMO.

am sure one bike is not going to destroy a track,but you americans and the most obese nation on the planet so many be :LOL:

Thanks for making my point.

No photos, but i once tried taking a short cut through what looked like a dried up river bed, there were slopes on both sides, so i went down at speed hoping to rocket up the other side. It was a thin crust of dried mud on top of gloopy mud. I was still holding the bar ends but both arms went in upto the elbow, and one leg well up the thigh. So i was kind of lieing on top of the mud with only the saddle and part of the rear wheel visible. Took ages to drag myself and the bike back up the slope. To make matters worse light was fading and i was in the middle of woods, hence the shortcut in the first place. I found a small stream (not as deep as the Klein one unfortunately), so i got in with the bike and tried throwing water over it. People out walking must have thought i was losing it, as i would have been better off throwing egg cups of water at it.

I made it back out, and back to the condo we were living in at the time, where the car washing facilities consisted of a tap with a coin box. As i had gone out for a quick blat after getting home from work i had no money on me. So first up to the apartment, knocked at door and asked the misses for some coins. After she stopped laughing, she then gave me a tirade of abuse about how much mess i was making and the fact my tea was ready.

Most of the clothes i was wearing had to be thrown out, and bike took forever to clean up. not a good day

Re: mud

Loki":205izmfl said:
matthew71":205izmfl said:
Loki":205izmfl said:

Thanks for making my point.

All this is very weird, if you really want to protect something then it is inherently the track that is the scar on the landscape. Tracks are inherently just worn pieces of countryside where many have gone before.

They are not precious, they do not need protection, they are inherently protecting what's around them by acting as bypasses around nature.

Back