Who rides their bikes in the mud?

Nope, don't really see the need to as I have a modern hardtail with discs that is more suitable for thrashing around in the mud.

being chairman of the garage queens assc i would never break our number one rule....no dust ever shalt touch our tubes...i dont even like it going out when its cloudy...gives me the shivers.....

ps on a more serious note i uttery hate riding in the wet..its my number one dislike re bikes...ive been in storms before while out riding and its destroyed any fun for me for wet riding ...my lungs dont work so well in the face of cold wet air...

Depends. But generally yes. I do have some wheels/brake blocks/cassettes I would never use in mud, but pretty much everything else can be easily replaced/repaired so it wouldn't make much difference.

dbmtb":21eu9ccx said:
Depends. But generally yes. I do have some wheels/brake blocks/cassettes I would never use in mud, but pretty much everything else can be easily replaced/repaired so it wouldn't make much difference.

As seen above in a muddy picture, i'll ride anything. Though I do have 2 NIB sets of Winwood pads i'll never use in the rain or mud*...

*as I wish to stay alive ;)

The reason why I have modern "winter" bikes and summer bikes, the winter bikes get ragged in the mud & wet, the retro bike hopefully will never see mud as i have waited 21 years for one and I wont risk destroying it.

However I will ber taking it off road up the woods etc, but will be on a bright sunny summer's day and certainly not on a club ride :LOL:

If I commit to a ride, and the weather turned when I'm there, that's no problem! - rode some special bikes in bad conditions, including my old Jeff jones and other Ti goodies :) there designed for it!

This is the muddiest I've ever gotten a bike..

:oops:

Attachments

• DSCF0460 (2).JPG
    DSCF0460 (2).JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 461
  • DSCF0461.JPG
    DSCF0461.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 461
mikeekim89":7c2xrdjp said:
(Does anyone else think the bloke kneeling in Chris' picture looks a little too excited too be kneeling on the floor?)

that would be andy b. he is too excited for most things

i am haoppy enough to ride all my bikes in the mud but i must say this last winter i rode my modern single speed more than anytrhing else as i didnt mind it wearing out.

i now have a diamondback winter singlespeed hack to wear out in the winter.

Back