Who frequented Cannock Chase BITD..

Copey

Retro Guru
I used to have such a blast racing around Cannock on a Sunday with my buddies.. who did you used to ride with?

I saw a thread about Elwyn Roberts, which is a real blast from my past.. I remember his crash at the quarry... OUCH..

I used to ride with the A&M Cycles crew..

I used to ride loads up the chase. We used to ride from Sutton Coldfield(about 12 miles), go MTBing and then ride home! Kids......

I also used to love A and M cycles, they where a pace dealership wern't they? Its a beauty saloon now. Did it go bankrupt?

I used to bike to Sutton Park from Nuneaton, ride around and then bike home... I used to love Sunday afternoons at Sutton Park, all the boy racers, etc... too funny..

Cannock was a guaranteed epic ride if you rode around the entire perimeter, cool as..

I used to work at A&M Full time for about 3 years, it was a big time Pace dealer, together with Klein's, Manitou's, etc.. really good shop and some great clients, for me they were the good days..

Mike (who owned A&M) decided to close the business, not sure why, I was long gone by then..

Some names of guys I used to bike with; Phil Johnson, Jamie Inglis, Rob Oliver, Ashley (had an RC100), Carl (sorry, cant remember his last name), plus randon A&M customers..

I used to ride Sutton Park regularly on the Evenings and Cannock Chase on the weekends. I used to ride with a group of friends from Walsall and Stafford. I loved A+M Cycles, it was the best boutique shop in the area for years.

I did, loads

I used to ride there regularly. I lived near Wolverhampton. Great place, last time I rode there was maybe 1996. Loved it, miss it. Knew the place backwards too. Remember the stepping stones? Is it still as open as it was then, or have they closed some of it to cyclists?

Back