who for the next pm?

highlandsflyer":2iuz06u0 said:
I wish Portillo would throw his hat into the ring. Perhaps for Labour.

Anything to save us from his usual garish ensemble on his railway journey programmes!

Mike Muz 67":1i2cnso7 said:
technodup":1i2cnso7 said:
That's why I have a respect for UKIP. They are the turkeys voting for Christmas.

There aren't many of them in politics. Certainly not in EU land.
Well, except for their leader. An MEP. Quite how he could have any influence over something he doesn't believe in, is beyond me. Anything, ie everything, he didn't like would be ignored as a result.
But he took a nice wage for it. And rarely attended meetings.

Mike
You're aware of what just happened, yes? Nigel Farage is probably now the most influential MEP of all time.

I've seen his speeches, the others making faces, shouting him down, doing the wanker sign behind his back. Who's looking happier now?

Re:

Firstly, there's no need for rude words in tho thread. You can make a point without.

Let's keep it civil please

Ironically, for someone who had been banging on about lack of democracy, he's never won a seat in his own constituency, but has become an MEP, unelected by the public!

I don't think a Conservative government would trust him to run a bath!

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1rn6cmoa said:
Firstly, there's no need for rude words in tho thread. You can make a point without.
How? How do I explain that motion without the word? I suppose could use ten words but the one I used worked just fine.

Mike Muz 67":1rn6cmoa said:
Ironically, for someone who had been banging on about lack of democracy, he's never won a seat in his own constituency, but has become an MEP, unelected by the public!
Am I living in some sort of parallel universe? He's been elected as an MEP four times. Albeit under a different system but the last time round as UKIP leader they won the whole thing. 4 million people voted for UKIP last general election. Essentially a one man band party. That one man being...

The real lack of democracy is UKIP got 4m votes and 1 MP. The Tories got 11m votes and 300odd MPs. I'm not his biggest fan but he has achieved more than most MPs ever will. Not from government, not even the backbenches. From outwith Westminster. It's really quite impressive.

Re:

I think ' shown disapproval ' would have been more appropriate.

The only success from his party has been Douglas Cauldwell.
As far as UKIP are concerned, all of the country's ill's are the fault of immigrants.
His party does not stand for a united kingdom, but a divisive one.
He's openly admitted not wanting to have immigrants living next door, yet he is married to one.

Re:

I've asked it once I'll ask it again, who's got the balls to trigger article 50? That's the decision whoever wins will have to deal with and either way, it'll ruin their political career.

Like the leave vote itself, the plums fronting that are only just realising what a poisoned chalice they've created.

The great thing about being the first to have the balls to leave the EU is that we really don't have to follow the rules they made for such a situation. We made our own decision, and we can negotiate the exact manner of our leaving.

What can they do about it?

Re:

Given the shit options available and the popularity of Trump in America I think I might just give it a try myself :facepalm:

And as for B.J. it would seem his master plan to rule England is coming together nicely

highlandsflyer":9fm97co4 said:
The great thing about being the first to have the balls to leave the EU is that we really don't have to follow the rules they made for such a situation. We made our own decision, and we can negotiate the exact manner of our leaving.

What can they do about it?

Brilliant, just brilliant. You really do believe we're some big world player don't you? You believe that those we've just told to F off will still dance to our tune when they hold all the cards?

Trust me, the decision will be taken out of our hands and we'll have to stand by and take it. All a good laugh though eh?

Back