who for the next pm?

Re:

Not posted on any of these threads, political,but if any of you have not seen farage speak have a gander on youtube at his speach in the European Parliament :!: very powerful .

You bring my attention to an interesting conundrum.

What will UKIP do now?

I am sure they will want to have their voice heard in the handover period, but what then?

That is a puzzle the next leader of the Tory party needs to think long and hard about.

Could Boris be the man to bring them back into the fold? Perhaps appointing Farage as a leading figure in the leave negotiations could be the key.

Re:

The issue with Boris is that he is a disorganised mess, but he could be a breath of fresh air.

Mind, if people voted out of the EU to take a pop at the political elite, then they will have got rid of a privileged Eton and Oxford educated PM, to replace him with a privileged Eton and Oxford educated PM.

As for UKIP, apart from Douglas Carswell, their only MP and a few local councillors they are all out of a job.

Re: Re:

NeilM":gsjli2qy said:
As for UKIP, apart from Douglas Carswell, their only MP and a few local councillors they are all out of a job.
I wouldn't count on it. For one they will want to make sure Brexit happens as they see it, and two they're taking big chunks out of Labour all over the place, so a reposition and new focus and who's to say...

Re:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Apart from those mentioned, they have a whole bunch of MEP's, all of whom will be out of a job in the next couple of years... or sooner if Juncker get's his way.

That's why I have a respect for UKIP. They are the turkeys voting for Christmas.

There aren't many of them in politics. Certainly not in EU land.

Re:

How will they do that? At the end of the day, it's a Conservative government. They distanced themselves from Farage during the campaign.
Not unwisely imo

Mike

technodup":1h0091rm said:
That's why I have a respect for UKIP. They are the turkeys voting for Christmas.

There aren't many of them in politics. Certainly not in EU land.

Well, except for their leader. An MEP. Quite how he could have any influence over something he doesn't believe in, is beyond me. Anything, ie everything, he didn't like would be ignored as a result.
But he took a nice wage for it. And rarely attended meetings.

Mike

Back