Which is the best?

Which is the best?

• Spinergys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tioga & HED

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
spinergys for me...
but more to the point............... where did you get that blue cassette from ? did you anodise it yourself?
my opinion.... get a set of blue ringle hubs and a nice set of rims, get them built with blue nipples........... ;)
very very nice build mate.

Carsten":2txco6om said:
imho that beautiful and great bike does deserve better than such horrible wheels.

Carsten
Hear, hear, I couldn't agree more.

And an XTR chainset, not that clashing blue. When you have such a good frame as that, the parts should just show quiet respect for it, not compete.

Dream Bikes":3it84xzs said:
Tioga Disk drive, Hed Cross Country (with Nuke Proof hub), Spinergys, horrible wheels? :?:

They're a part of the mtb story!!!

So, which are nice wheels??? :shock:

sure they are part of the mtb (hi)story but that doesn't automatically make them good. there has been alot of junk produced which for good reasons did not survive. but beside that those wheels are only good as eye catchers on a Yeti (the Hed/disc drive) they totally don't fit the style of a Klein. clumsy, visually heavy (don't know how much they weigh), overbuilt. give the frame/fork/MC2 the chance to show-off it's beauty and the chance to ride as it was intended. build a lightweight but sturdy conventional wheelset. e.g. period correct Tune hubs - if you need bling maybe in blue or green - and dark or silver rims that are proven to last and are not too heavy. but that's probably too boring and not readily and easily available ;)

carsten

cherrybomb":33hc185t said:
Honestly? Neither.
I think both options make the bike look heavy and don't really suit it.
Go for a pair of normal spoked wheels, I reckon they'd look much better.

Sorry if that don't help much.

+1, i'm afraid, stunning apart from that, could be the tyres don't help either

cherrybomb":1rgsvarj said:
Honestly? Neither.
I think both options make the bike look heavy and don't really suit it.
Go for a pair of normal spoked wheels, I reckon they'd look much better.

Sorry if that don't help much.

ditto :roll:

Sorry,its gotta be black hubs,black spokes and black/ceramic rims.Any make hubs as long as they're really expensive!

I'd say the Tioga/HED combi looks better imho. That plus the fact that all the Spinergys that I've had have come un-bonded from the hub sooner or later. :evil: At least you have more chance of repairing the Tioga/HED wheels if something does go amiss. :)

Option 3:
"Some decent normal spoked hoops n hubs"
The stuff you have there is distracting from the class of the rest of the build.

GC

Back